Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default flash size- ploygon shape?

I have a tv image that is slightly rotated and i want to make a flash place holder fill the screen - creating a 'TV programme 'The leadding edge of the screen is of course bigger than the distant edge so when i make a place holder it forms a polygon not a rectangle

Can you make a flash file to fit this shape? i have imported a standard file but it displays as if the screen is flat i.e a rectangle 16;9 format ...sort of hoped it would resize to place holder

thanks

scruffy

Default Re: flash size- ploygon shape?

Placeholders define an 'area' for the replacement object or code, they don't define a 'shape' - iow, objects embedded via a placeholder don't conform to the shape of the placeholder.

so sledge as per your previous post to one of my earlier questions all fash ends up being expored as 192 pix by 192 pix no way of altering its size nor shape?

Placeholders define an 'area' for the replacement object or code, they don't define a 'shape'
    If you drag'n'drop a .swf file into the page, yes it will create a 192x192 placeholder 'area'.

But if you first create a placeholder object 'area' which matches the size and aspect of the .swf (eg: 640x480) and use the web properties>>Placeholder>>Replace with flash option, then the .swf file will display at it's correct (native) resolution and aspect inside that placeholders 'area'.
    But if you create a perspective or other shape object which is not rectangular, you will not see a flash video which matches that 'shape'.
    You cannot bend, warp and apply an envelope to a flash file simply by creating a placeholder 'shape'.

You would have to apply the warp to the pictures before adding them to the flash.