Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Brush tool then Shape Tool

I'm working in the new Designer Pro, and I'm really liking some of the new upgrades with drawing lines and how the vector points respond. But when I create a line, I used to hit my shortcut key and go straight to the shape editor tool. Well, now I have to actually select the line then hit the shape editor shortcut key before I can adjust the shape of the line. This is taking more time. The zoom tool also doesn't respond in some cases when I hit its shortcut key. For instance, when I'm in shape editor mode. I hit the zoom shortcut and it want change to the zoom tool. I wish that I had the option of moving the zoom tool and shape editor tool to its own icon instead of the extra clicks. I know this has been voiced, but its a lot of extra clicks in any given year. Please let me know if you think this is because of the way I'm using the program, or if there is a way to actually make this easier. Thanks,
    I want to still be working in this program when I'm an old man sitting in my recliner.

Default Re: Brush tool then Shape Tool

Hi steps

You can pull the icons out on their own. However, if your shortcut key for the Zoom tool is Z, you'll still need to hit an extra key to access the Zoom from inside the Shape Editor because the shortcut key for switching to a node to Cusp is also Z. Inside the Shape Editor, you press Alt Z to Zoom.

Now, about getting icons off the flyouts. You can add them to existing control bars or you can create a new control bar just for them.

1) Click Window | Control Bars and scroll down to Button Palette. When you mark the option box beside it, the Button Palette opens.

2) Optional: Click the New button to create your own control bar.

3) On the Button Palette, locate the icon you want and hold down the Alt key as you drag it to the desired location.

Thanks, I'm always learning more about all the hiddens functions and options in the xara designer. Layers and layers of learning. Thanks for the help.
    I want to still be working in this program when I'm an old man sitting in my recliner.

You're very welcome.

The good news is that no matter how much you learn, there's always more.