Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Photo layer

Default Photo layer

I'm just starting to learn layers. Everything is going well, except I can't figure out how to have the enlarged photo of the first thumbnail appear on the web page when it opens. If I put it on the Mouse off layer then when you click the next thumbnail the first picture and description shows as well. I've tried to have the first picture layer visible but it doesn't show up when I preview page.

So what am I missing? I don't want an empty box beside the thumbnails showing when the web page loads so that you have to click on the thumbnail before you see an enlarged photo? Thanks for your help.

Default Re: Photo layer

Hi,
    Create a new layer giving it a name relavent to picture, then on the page with the thumbnail slect the thumb image goto 'web properties>mouseover' from the dropdown list in popup layer selct the name of your new layer.
    do this for each thumbnail and large image.
    Jim

Will this solve my problem even though I don't want a mouse over. I want a click on thumbnail to bring up enlarged photo. My problem is wanting the first enlarged photo of the first thumbnail to be showing when that page loads without someone having to click on thumbnail first. Forgive me if I'm not being clear enough or perhaps a bit dense.

Hi,
    Not sure without having your file, but that is how I read your post. If you want the large image to saty open just goto show pop up layer. The default mouseover layer is a special layer. BY creating your own pop-up layer works a little different.
    Jim
    Example.xar
    Last edited by Scotty; 29 July 2010 at 04:03 PM.

I figured it out. I needed a solid background behind each photo & text. I originally thought since each was it's own layer I wouldn't need the solid background, but it seems I do. Thank you for your efforts.