Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Designer pro 6 slideshow

Steve attached here is an example of 4 photos. I selected each photo separately and identified each one in the web properties/image. I think I checked all that's necessary but...
    I saved the file, clicked on export and view web page and all I see is the web page; no slide show.

Thanks for offering to take a look at this. Peter
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Designer pro 6 slideshow

Thanks Peter,

Works 100% fine for me.
    You have to start the slideshow manually by clicking one image however.
    The slideshow continues after this.

This is correct behavior and the same for Web Designer 6

From the help file
    Automatically start slideshow: Turn this on if you want a slideshow to start as soon as the user clicks on any of your popup photos. You can also choose how many seconds each photo should be displayed for when the slideshow is playing.

Still no go for me.
    I even opened the attachment that I sent you.
    When I click on one of the pictures, it opens a window and displays the picture.
    The caption text below the picture still says Caption text even though I populated the two text boxes in web properties/image. Also, I see no player controls. Is there a plugin I need to install?

Is it possible I have a corrupted download of DP6? That's a long shot because, So far, everything else seems to work ok.

As a sanity check, after you opened my file what steps did you do?
    I click on the export and view and expect to see a slide show.
    Thanks for your patience Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Grampy Peter View Post
    As a sanity check, after you opened my file what steps did you do?
    I click on the export and view and expect to see a slide show.
    Thanks for your patience Peter
    Opened your file, pressed 'Preview' click one photo, slideshow started.

Exported your file to HTM to a folder on my desktop, opened the index.htm in my browser (Chrome) clicked one photo, slideshow started,

Here's your exported (untouched) page online:

http://talkgraphics.magix.net/public...s/grampypeter/

I would suggest you remove the drop shadow from your photo thumbnails, this tells Xara to export them as PNG to maintain the alpha transparency, this creates files which are way too large (in KBs) for website work.
    You can create a dropshadow for the thumbnails using a black feathered rectangle offset behind the thumbs (but NOT grouped).

Alternatively, your get tell xara to export them as JPG in the web properties>>Image tab of use the 'Name' JPEG for each object (you can mulit-select objects and add the name to all in one go)

I hope this is the last time I have to consult/report on this slideshow.
    Yes, I export the file as an HTML to my desktop and the file does work with both Chrome and Firefox.
    But not my IE8.

So I switched my default browser to Chrome. I still cannot preview the file from DP6. What "browser" does DP6 use for it's preview? Why does your preview work and mine does not? My preview seems to work on other functions in my web file. Of course, this is the only "dynamic" feature I've tried so far. Bummer if I cannot use preview for slideshows.

I'll keep pokin' and hopin' that I can make IE work. Thanks for getting me going. At least I know the slideshow function works.

Thanks for the other tips about shadows and jpegs. I'll watch for that. Peter

So I switched my default browser to Chrome. I still cannot preview the file from DP6. What "browser" does DP6 use for it's preview?
    Xara uses a cut-down version of IE which is unaffected by which browser you have personally chosen as the default for your web browsing but is affected by your internet options settings in Control Panel..

Why does your preview work and mine does not?
    Try resetting your internet options to defaults. JS appears not to be executing correctly.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	reset.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	88.4 KB 
ID:	74958