Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default ...file may be in use....

Wondering if someone could help, I'm behind the time 8-Ball and and totally baffled.

Using Xara 4 (I know it's time to get up to the rest of you with newer versions...) and trying to export my website like I've done hundreds of times before to a folder in my documents for upload with an ftp program. It starts the the process as a website html export but comes up with "Failed to export to C:\documents...index.html_files\210.png. File may be locked or open in another application." And another one with the same error message for my index.html file.

I tried to track it down, I can't figure it. I uninstalled and reinstalled my program. (Which by the way told me ..."Failed to contact Xara.com or failed to read update information" when I tried to update. I know I had an earlier issue with web site sizes before that there was a fix for, and was trying to avoid it again.

I need to update my site pronto! Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. Xara I promise to upgrade as soon as my wife lets me!

Thanks in advance,

Metro
    IP

Default Re: ...file may be in use....

Further to that and to make it more bizzarre. When I transferred the file to my laptop and it's version of Xara 4, it does the same darn thing with the same message and png issue upon trying to export. Then I try to export earlier versions of my website and the same issue pops up every time part way through the export. What gives?
    IP

Can you find that PNG file and delete it manually using Windows?

If nothing else, that might give you a clearer message about what the problem is.
    IP

Thanks for your suggestion but I figured out it was fixed in an update or patch on the Xara website. I just don't know why I didn't have issues until now when my site is the same size as before, I just changed pages around. Anyway it works and I'm a happy camper again. Thanks to all who viewed this post. User support here is phenominal!
    IP