Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default extruded objects and controlling their position?

Just playing around with 3D objects and the extrusion tool in Xtreme and was wondering, when you've created your 3D extrusion, how do you control its rotation (besides simply pointing the mouse at it and moving it around until it is close to where you want it). There seems to be little logic to how it rotates and the help documentation doesn't even hint at rotation once the extrusion is complete. Unless I've seriously missed something, which is entirely possible

There is an X and Y axis but the center points are never where I would consider the center and so rotation is a mess.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
    Thanks!

Default Re: extruded objects and controlling their position?

Welcome to the forums MP.

Sure the extrudes can seem unwieldy, but the center axis is right smack in the centre I promise.
    You can easily test this by drawing a small ellipse on top the shape and centering the two shapes before extruding the shape behind. This gives you a visual representation of the axis.
    Remember that you can free rotate with the extrude tool, constrain to the horizontal plane using Ctrl and constrain to the vertical plane using Shift.

Default Re: extruded objects and controlling their position?

...and with the 3D tool selected there's a drop-down list box on the left of the Info Bar where you can fine tune all your angles of dangle and more.
    -- Bob