Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default word Density and page Content

Please can someone tell what this means? and
    how can i fix it?
    this is the result of an SEO software.
    image is attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	74827  

Default Re: word Density and page Content

This really isn't a WD or Xtreme issue - it's pure SEO.

The report is basically saying that in relation to the business, the content does not reflect the business activity/service by repeating the main subject in the content to emphasize importance of this page and your business in the business/subject domain.

Basically, you say what you do and need to keep on saying it to show that the page is highly relevant to that activity.

where you have meta-tags that describe the web content/business relevance, SEO requires that the content has frequent use of the same words to reflect the importance of those tags in the content.

That's my laymans interpretation.

Eltigre, I have had success in getting pages to the top of Google with 2% keyword density. 5-7% has been more effective for the industries that I have SEO'd.

If you make a website for a plumber and the home page has 100 words.
    If only 2 of the 100 words are plumber related (Plumbing, Plumbers) then your keyword density could be seen as 2%. Use the same software program to see where your competition is at or simply look at their home page and count the related keywords.

Then DO NOT try to increase your keywords beyond their KW density. Google will lower your position if your keyword density is too high becuase it looks like you are trying to manipulate the crawler. So rather match the competitors KW density and allow Google a 2 weeks - 2 months to digest and crawl your site a couple of times. Make sure you submit your site to be index if it is a new one.

What Google is looking for is a website with related content/ keywords that is relevant to the main topic/purpose of the site. DO NOT copy content from other web pages because it will be considered redundant and Google will lower your position. If you must use other websites basic information, rewrite it in your own words. Present the material in a fresh new way.

After you see where Google places you..then slowly increase your KW density. Add a few extra words...i.e Drain Cleaning, Plumbing Contractor etc. Also when you make your XARA site, try making it with vertical buttons on the left of the page. Google still tends to crawl my Xara sites deeper when I do that. I have had huge SEO success with my customers using Xara 5. I no longer use D Weaver or Flash.. The jury is still out on the new Xara Web 6..and keeping the meta tags and all... Looks like it should work the same...There is so much you can do to SEO with Xara ..feel free to email me if you need SEO help....Am I allowed to add my real email to this post?
    Last edited by Dirtwad; 25 July 2010 at 07:31 AM. Reason: needed clarification

thank you
    dirtwad

Smile Re: word Density and page Content

You bet...Hey Eltigre if you need some help with SEO just email me. I am glad to help-no charge. bob@dotdancer.com