Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Bitmaps/Colour shift and poor print quality

Quote Originally Posted by mags View Post
    3. Using the "Ctrl+C" from Xara and "Ctrl+V" into ID - wow! There is no colour shift at all between the original shape, bitmap and fill *however" the print quality isn't good.
    And, if you work on a page 3 or 4 times larger than your existing one, then "Ctrl+C" from Xara and "Ctrl+V" as you did before, then reduce it to the sheet you want - any difference? Just thinking about the clipboard res.

George

Steve - CMYK TIFF is usually fine. The image will eventually be rasterized anyway. The important thing is to make sure the resolution is what the printer requires.

But I have always done the conversion to CMYK in Photoshop as the CMYK TIFF in Xtreme has always been dicey for me. This may have been improved in Designer 6. But I don't recall hearing that this export had been improved.

PDF/X is preferable for text (along with bitmaps) as the text is exported as vector and should be by degrees a tad sharper.

I take it Mags that it is an folded A4 brochure type doc giving you single A5 sheet in ID? If it is why not just "Ctrl+drag+right mouse click" to copy your Mackintosh type rose. Do this right along the top of a page and then group them and then do the same right down the page and then there will be all vector no need to worry about resolution of bitmaps. See Attachment: Export as PDF and then place in your master page in ID as A4 landscape and then adjust to suit your needs.

Was nearly down your way this weekend as I like "Ocean Colour Scene" and they are on at the Wickerman festival.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Design is thinking made visual.

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you.

George - sorry, didn't try that but will keep it in mind for any future non-vector images.

Albacore - )))) Did it, done it - gone to printers and now back. And I am a happy bunny. THANK YOU! Crisp print and no colour shift.
    [I would have bought you a beer if you had ventured down! Not that I was there.....]

No problem Mags glad to be of help. Shame that you don't like that festival I have been twice and its not too big that you are miles away from the stage. There is no aggression and everyone is friendly and out to have a good time and your not ripped off by traders selling food and drink.
    Design is thinking made visual.