Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default New Clone Tool in Designer pro

OK I've read the Help file and tried for 20 minutes now and for the life of me I can't get the clone tool to work.

Instructions state, select the clone stamp tool, draw an area around the part you would like to remove, slightly larger than required then click outside the clone areas and drag.

All i get when i do this is another clone area, no arrow.

Anyone else having this problem Using version 6.11

Cheers.
    I ate my crayon.

Default Re: New Clone Tool in Designer pro

After drawing the clone area, click once and hold outside the area then drag, or drag 'inside' the cloned area.

Like this:

Yeah just figured it out, The clone stamp tool doesn't work when applied to a clipped image, you have to create a bitmap of it first. I'll stick to my old method of removing items , this tool is too fiddly to be of any use for me.

- Thanks
    I ate my crayon.

Quote Originally Posted by JaffDave View Post
    The clone stamp tool doesn't work when applied to a clipped image, you have to create a bitmap of it first.
    Not sure I follow Dave.
    If a create a shape and use it to create a clipview of that same bitmap in the screen video above. The clone tool works with the clipped photo in exactly the same way here.

DP6 6.1.1.13205 June 30 2010

Weird, I've been playing around and it seems to crash the system if i try too many times and then delete the clone layers. Maybe the design i'm working on is to resource hungry and it creating problems.

I just tried it on a clipped image and it won't work until i create a new bitmap from this image.

See if you have the same problems with this file. Cheers

Oh and the image in the sample here is not the image I'm trying to clone, simply used for this example. I'd spend the $1.00 and purchase it rather than spending 30 minutes to remove the watermark
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I ate my crayon.

Drag the image from the bitmap gallery and it works fine
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

It's not the clipping, it's the linear (or any except 'flat') transparency that stops the clone from working.