Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Default Re: Some chrome balls with different drawing techniques

Psaumure, great job on your eleven balls. I initially thought the balls further back were reflecting the other balls (which would be very cool) then realized you had cloned different sized balls and placed them together. Very realistic effect.

Thank you Kowulz. Chrome and other shiny objects rely completely on reflections. That is why I preferred the effect of using bitmaps in the drawings. Drawing them in vector takes a lot more work to create an illusion of reflection. The real artists in this area is the Black Panther. The reflections that you see in his last post are all individual steel balls arranged and resized to look like reflections. Great job BP. They look more like a photograph then an illustration.

Great job on the invasion of chrome objects Nostaw. I especially appreciate you sharing the file. You really don't understand the work that's gone into the creation until you start taking it apart. Great job.

Here's yet another set of steel balls that I'd mentioned that I was working on. let me know what you think of these.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	steal ball 4.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	74763  

Thanks Paul,
    My drawings in Xara are all vector, and you know that and you see i can achieve such those effects without using fill textures.
    Nostaw, this is great work of you, well be greater if you draw all the image in vector, i know it´s hard way and work. Thanks for sharing your xar file.

I well call the work with bitmaps in Xara´Vexel´ not vector and not pixel objects.

Paul, i missed somthing in your last image!!!!

However, here an another attempts of me with the wireframe.
    Hope you like it.
    Best Regards BP

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	74764   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	33.7 KB 
ID:	74765  

Im in love with Xara X / BP
    Friends, I apologize for my broken English
    My TG Albums: http://www.talkgraphics.com/album.php?u=20432

Nice shiny chrome objects, Psaumure! Well done.
    Black Panther, your's are excellent too.

The reason I didn't redraw (on purpose) the reflections vector, I wanted to use parts of the picture to create all reflections. It really depends on the LOD (Level of detail) and purpose of the image to redraw it all in vectors or not. For something 'quick and dirty' for 72DPI images, there is no harm in using bitmaps. For all my print work I try to stay away from any bitmaps (and bitmap effects such as feathering).

Wow BP, that is phenomenal work. I really like the reflections that you created in the spheres. Great job!

The spheres that I drew does not contain bitmaps. They are all vector. I like to see how much of the work that I can draw on my own. As I'm new at this, I would like to develop good habits.

With the drawing that Nostaw did, I can see the use of using bitmaps. But again, the main image that he is using it as a bitmap. where the drawings that BP does are entirely factor. I guess it would depend on the project. By the way Nostaw, you did an excellent job in that image. I did not realize half the work he did until I opened up your file.

Nostaw, how on earth would you draw without the use of feathering? That would be a very big handicap for me. In the spirit of this thread I would love to see you draw something shiny in vector. Would you like to play?

I do want to apologize to you BP. I'm the one that threw the ranch in this thread by using bitmaps in my work. I like the concept of this thread. This helps to create good discipline for vector drawing.

Name:	steal ball 4.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	74768   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	steal ball 4 w.jpg 
Views:	293 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	74769  

Last edited by Psaumure; 22 July 2010 at 03:01 PM.

Nevermind friends, I just told you about my opinion of the bitmap using theme in Xara.
    Best Regards BP
    Im in love with Xara X / BP
    Friends, I apologize for my broken English
    My TG Albums: http://www.talkgraphics.com/album.php?u=20432

I love those chrome balls, reminds me of boules!

However, all of this chrome balling makes me want to get my dusty copy of Caligari Truespace out and see how an app like that handles the reflections. But wanting to do it and having the time to do it are two different things. Another time maybe.

Name:	jaques-set-of-8-boules-in-metal-presentation-case.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	12.7 KB 
ID:	74775  

Beret.

I only have one word to say.

SUPERB.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Thank you BP, and I do respect your opinion. You do phenomenal work and I aspire to draw like you.

beretgascon, great work! I really like the way you did the reflections along with the curved lines. Can you give us a little more detail on how you created the spheres?

Noooooooooooooooooooo! I didn't do that - it was an image I downloaded of Pétanque or Boules. I haven't got the time BP has!!!

(or his skill probably )