Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Webpage Graphics size Export differences

I've built a webpage with Designer Pro and wanted to export the graphics as png or jpg files. Well, when I export the graphics they are smaller than the original images. I'm building a website at 945px x 1245px, and I've tried every dpi selection for the graphics, and I haven't been able to get them to be the same size. I was wondering what was happening with this export? Any help would be much appreciated. Thx
    I want to still be working in this program when I'm an old man sitting in my recliner.

Default Re: Webpage Graphics size Export differences

Are you working at 100% zoom factor?

The images you see on your screen are being viewed at 96dpi at 100% zoom factor. This is the same resolution as all Windows monitors.

If you create and export your web graphics at 96dpi they will be at 1:1 on any monitor.

Well, the images are all going to be smaller than the original design. I guess thats okay. I'm pulling them into the design and they are smaller, so I'll have to redesign the webpage.
    I want to still be working in this program when I'm an old man sitting in my recliner.

Just out of interest, when you say they are smaller, what pixel size were they? And what pixel size are they now?
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Well, I decided to bring it all into Xara Xtreme 4 Pro and the file size exported correctly. Then I switched back to Designer Pro and the files started exporting in the correct size. I like how Designer Pro handles .png files like a layer. My Xtreme Pro 4 program was getting rid of my drop shadows and flattening the image like a jpg file. I need to take the time and find out what was happening. I would pull the files back into the webpage and they would be smaller than the original vectored design.

Well, I had to import in another image into Designer Pro 6 and it did it again. I'm attaching an example of what is going on. This is going to be a big problem. I'm importing in at 96 dpi and I've even tried other dpi selections with the same result. Is this a bug?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	import problem designer pro 6.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	74342  

Try unchecking the 'Resize large imported photos down to' setting as shown:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	resize-photos.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	42.6 KB 
ID:	74343

Thanks Sledger. I should've known it was something simple. I looked there, but not good enough. Story of my life