Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Supersaturation of web buttons with xara.com linkage

Watch the really fuzzy, lowest bandwidth movie I could create as an swf so you see what I mean about supersaturation.

When you have problems with your navigation buttons and other buttons still taking viewers to xara.com instead of where you intended after you've made changes, you'll understand one of the causes.

It's the "Link to Web or e-mail address" section of Web Properties you want to focus on as I select each element of the button design in the movie.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Supersaturation of web buttons with xara.com linkage

Richard this is not accurate information and your .swf movie is misleading.

In order to remove the default xara.com link, simply select the button and remove the link from the Web Properties>>Link area (press 'Do nothing' then press Apply)

If you ungroup the button BEFORE removing the link, all objects (parts) of the button will inheret the link.

Secondly, if you use Xtreme Pro 5 or Designer Pro 6, you can check each object in the object layers without needed to ungroup.

DOWNLOAD MOVIE 905KB

Steve-

I certainly don't want to disseminate incorrect information and I apologize to other users for my misleading posting. If you hadn't done the video, I don't believe I would have realized the importance of ungrouping the button BEFORE removing the link in order to not create additional button parts links.

I've attached a web file. This is all I was trying to do when I ungrouped buttons...color matching and preservation of the gel effect and dropshadow effects.

For what I do, XWD6 suits me fine. It is a big improvement over WebStyle 4 which I used when creating a site for the local Habitat for Humanity Chapter start-up. I'm retired. I just volunteer my services to any worthwhile local, charitable organization that needs a website.

Richard
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi
    Colour editor, drop down> select theme colour and change using colour editor.
    You'll see when you try it.
    Derek
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aa.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	42.8 KB 
ID:	74294  

There's a short movie created in another thread to show this process Derek refers to.

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showpost...20&postcount=6

I say saturate your site with links! Super-saturation rules! LOL

sledger, etal-

Muchísimas thanks for the instructional materials. I have a much better understanding of how to use the Color Editor now. This tool is much more sophisticated than I originally thought. Just moving the eyedropper through the color spectrum at the bottom of the screen opens up beaucoup, awesome color variations.

I've been practicing using the Color Editor by dragging widely differing objects onto the page, telling the program not to automatically match them and matching them manually. I'm one of those people who learn best by observing, doing and practicing rather than reading.

Richard