Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Question: Flash_preview and HTML display

Hi,
    I recently played a little bit with flash-animation created by WD6 and its implementation into the web-site.
    I recognized the following and wanted to ask if someone has an idea why it is like it obviously is:
    Creating a flash with WD6 and inserting into the WD6 web-page works fine, like described in many tasks and help-files.
    When the placeholder of the flash covers a Link or button for example, the Link or button no longer works, as long as the flash-placeholder is in foreground.
    But, the strange thing for me was: The Pre-View showed everything perfectly.
    Only after exporting as html and then looked via the browser, it came up that the Links no longer worked, because Flash-Placeholder was covering them in foreground. When I moved the flash-placeholder one level behind, so that Link is in foreground again, all is fine.
    Question: Why the pre-view didn`t show this "mistake" and only the html exported file detected it?

Default Re: Question: Flash_preview and HTML display

Good question.

There is a problem when an object is covered by another object and is not on top. In this case the links do not work or even indicate a link.

This happens even if the object only has an outline such as a rectangle or ellipse. Even though the object is open (no fill) it is seen as a solid object.

Best way to get answers from experts is to supply a file which exhibits the problem you are experiencing. Saves a lot of time and guesswork.

As Gary says, objects with no fill still 'cover' objects which are below them.
    Think of them as glass windows. Transparent pixels of close shapes are still solid objects in this regard.

Thank you guys for your reply.
    I guess that my posting was not focused enough to bring it to the point.
    My fault.
    I understand the principle behind this, only the question is (was) :
    Why does the WD6 Preview don`t care about it whereas the browser shows this "limitation" ?

I have figured it out meanwhile and thought it might be of interest for you to know. To simplify the case I have used an example with a placeholder covering a standard Link-Button.

Here it comes:
    There are differences when viewing via IE and Firefox.
    IE shows same as WD6 Pre-view = Button works fine, even so covered by Placeholder !!
    Firefox does not accept this set-up and as long as Placeholder is in forefront and covers the button, in Firefox Browser the Button does no longer work.

Regards,
    Holger
    Attached Files Attached Files

WD6 uses IE for it's preview.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update