Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Navbar updates to Xara after finishing loading

Hi,

This is pretty odd. The nav bar on one of the pages I have on a site I'm working on initially points to the local pages, but when it completes loading, then points to http://www.xara.com/link/. This nav bar is part of the repeating objects, so I'm not sure what is going on.

The site is http://yachthaven.org/ and the page it gets weird on is the Location page.

Using WD6 for the site.

??

--Ben

Default Re: Navbar updates to Xara after finishing loading

Works OK for me Ben.

If you used one of the prepared templates, all of the buttons usually link to Xara.com until you change the links.

I wonder if possible one of the links did not get Applied?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Works OK for me Ben.

If you used one of the prepared templates, all of the buttons usually link to Xara.com until you change the links.

I wonder if possible one of the links did not get Applied?
    Hi Gary,

Not in this case. All the menu links are there pointing to the local pages. Xara has some Javascript code that initially points to their own site and then switches over to the local links. I've opened a trouble ticket with their tech support to track this down. Almost looks like leftover development code.

--Ben

I tried all the buttons and had it happen to me several times. But when I would go back to the previous page and click the same button again the link would work correctly.
    Attached is a screenshot of the navbar (all in mouseover color). Cursor was over Location button, or between Location and Community. Note the link address in the lower left corner of the screenshot. Is it possible there are 2 navbars, one on top of the other?

Jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture131.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	74253  

Quote Originally Posted by jimhanus View Post
    I tried all the buttons and had it happen to me several times. But when I would go back to the previous page and click the same button again the link would work correctly.
    Attached is a screenshot of the navbar (all in mouseover color). Cursor was over Location button, or between Location and Community. Note the link address in the lower left corner of the screenshot. Is it possible there are 2 navbars, one on top of the other?

Jim
    Yeah, that's the behavior I noticed.

That's what I first suspected, so I broke down the page by moving everything off of it. There's only one. What's interesting in the home page is a javascript reference to:

<a href="http://www.xara.com/link/" onclick="return(xr_nn());">

on line 30. Following that are references to the individual pages.

--Ben

FWIW, I removed all menus from a test vsn of this site and created a navbar from scratch. Same result. Also peculiar--I have white as the background & over text color. But the background text comes out black when tested.

I attached the test .web file if anyone wants to try to duplicate it.

--Ben
    Attached Files Attached Files

Ben-

Got to be someplace else and running late. Have attached a swf. On my site each button was comprised of 4 or 5 elements. I had to thoroughly scan each and every button with my cursor to make sure that I had throughly eliminated every elemnt link to xara.com. The link was on each individual element.

Richard
    Attached Files Attached Files

I took apart the navbar, and see attached the background rectangle of the navbar linked to Xara.

Jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture132.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	81.0 KB 
ID:	74278  

Quote Originally Posted by jimhanus View Post
    I took apart the navbar, and see attached the background rectangle of the navbar linked to Xara.

Jim
    Ouch! I never even thought to look on the background rectangle(!). Wow.

Thank you so much, Jim!

--Ben

Ben-

I stand corrected. I could have sworn you were experiencing the same navigation button problem I had experienced. I am starting a separate thread in order to post an swf movie where I deconstruct a stretchy button to show that is is super-saturated with links to xara.com.

Richard