Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thumbs up Re: I was all excited until......

Yep a speedy eraser tool would be useful.

Default Re: I was all excited until......

Having not used Corel or Illustrator for some years now, I've never used a vector package with an eraser, but have to say it does sound handy.

Having watched a video of the tool in use in Illustrator it appears to amount to the same as selecting two objects in Xara then choosing Arrange>Combine Shapes>Subtract Shapes from the menu. If Xara are considering adding such a tool then I would suggest that it would be much more powerful if implemented as a clipview, thus remaining both editable and reversible.

Seems simple enough to me! <FX="ducks_and_runs">

Quote Originally Posted by tomh View Post
    If an eraser is really a deal breaker for you, then you don't really understand much about using Xara. Perhaps you should spend a bit more time with it?
    I've been using Xara for over 5 years now. I'm quite familiar with it. That being said; I want an eraser tool.

Posting "I want this and that" on the talk graphics forums is of little use as the TG members are the only people who will read them for sure.
    To make sure that Xara notice your wish you have to post it on the Dear Xara forum.
    So my suggestion to everyone who wants this tool to be implemented and not just to share their feelings among others, is to post it in the Dear Xara forum.
    John.

done

thanks
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

So everyone make a new thread for the same feature with the same subject in the dear Xara forum.

The dear Xara forum isn't an area for sharing your personal feelings either so therefor each person that would like this as a new feature should create a new thread. We wouldn't want to break the forum rules.

I ate my crayon.

Apparently, there already is a thread in Dear Xara for this:

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=36964

more than one open is not appropriate it would seem...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Jaffdave, You can certainly make a post in the existing Dear Xara eraser tool thread. The idea of Dear Xara is to have all feature requests and such in one place where it is easy for Xara to see and find it all. The more voices in the correct place, the more likely Xara will be to consider the feature for a future release.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    Jaffdave, You can certainly make a post in the existing Dear Xara eraser tool thread. The idea of Dear Xara is to have all feature requests and such in one place where it is easy for Xara to see and find it all. The more voices in the correct place, the more likely Xara will be to consider the feature for a future release.
    All good!
    I ate my crayon.

Talking Re: I was all excited until......

Funny,..even on the old thread where the request for the eraser tool was submitted it too was met with the same scrutiny. It seems that the tool is not one of those that is widely needed and may have a lot to do with the style of drawing that some people employ as opposed to the style of others... Neither position or stance on the subject is wrong.....and everyone certainly has a right to their opinion...
    even if mine is the right one..(big goofy grin)

Seriously,...when I complain about the lack of an eraser tool,..please keep in mind that we are talking about an already great application here. Xara Designer Pro is truly one of the best out there!!! No question there.