Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I have a 2 color logo, black and Pantone 201. One area of the Pantone 201 has a transparency applied to it. When I print color seperated pages (black and 201), everything prints fine except the object with the 201 color with the transparency (which doesn't print at all). How can I print this for an outside printer using the two colors?

I have a 2 color logo, black and Pantone 201. One area of the Pantone 201 has a transparency applied to it. When I print color seperated pages (black and 201), everything prints fine except the object with the 201 color with the transparency (which doesn't print at all). How can I print this for an outside printer using the two colors?

Using transparency on a spot color won't work (as you discovered). Xara X uses a bitmap to create transparency effects and bitmaps always output to CMYK.
    What would probably work is change the spot color to one of the process colors (Cyan, Magenta, or Yellow). This should then separate correctly.
    You can use the Name Gallery to select everything using the spot color then choose C, M or Y from the Color Line.

Mick, I'm glad to see that somebody from Camelot is still stopping by! Is Mark G. still alive around the place - or has he had his last crumpet? We haven't "seen" him for ages here, but he is missed!

K
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/
    www.klausnordby.com/xara
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

Yes MarkG's still here, just up to his eyeballs working on new stuff.
    I'll tell him you asked after him.

Pete

What if you use a tint percentage of the spot color to simulate transparency?

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

Mick, tell MarkG I'm very glad he's "up to his eyeballs working on new stuff"! But I'd also like hear he's working hard on some old stuff - such as all the shortcomings of old XaraX . . .

K
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/
    www.klausnordby.com/xara
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")