Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Default Dick Dastardly and Muttley

And for tonight's addition to the Hanna-Barbara collection.... 'Catch that pidgeon now!'

Dick Dastardly and Muttley never caught the pidgeon and they never won a Wacky Race, but I used to love watching them. I especially liked Muttley when he got mad and mutterd 'Sasa frassen rassa frassa'.

I'm still working with the tablet. Things are going much smoother now. The hand is virtually pain free after the drawing so that is an improvement. In other words, I think that I'm getting the hang of it.

Hope you like the cartoon.

Eric
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dasterdly and Muttley.png 
Views:	18831 
Size:	101.6 KB 
ID:	74115  
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Dick Dastardly and Muttley

Very nice one. All these Hanna-Barbara cartoons have brought back good memories.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Another superb recreation Eric. I can definitely relate to Muttley. As Frances noted, you're bringing back some fond childhood memories.

Keep up the good work,
    Harry

Excellent work Eric. You seem to be becoming very prolific with that tablet.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

How could I not love a cartoon of a character I can relate to

So, next stop Penelope P. ?

Glad that you are getting used to the tablet - many users think them far more easy on the hand/wrist than mouse, and use them for as much as is possible
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

I'm not quite there yet Steve, but I am getting there. The only thing that I haven't quite gotten used to is how far I have to move the pen to get to the menu bar and close buttons etc.

As for Penelope Pitstop...possibly. I will have to do some research and find a graphic of her.

Generally, I am really happy that people are enjoying these drawings as much as I am enjoying creating them. And I ask you all, Who couldn't relate to Muttley? He reminds me of a professor that I had at university. When things didn't go his way he would actually mutter and grumble the words "mutter, grumble". Even now, thinking about it brings a smile to my face.

I want to be like Norman and spend my retirement years getting really good at drawing things that I love. I just am not going to wait for the next 20 years or more on the getting really good part (if I can help it).

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    My Club. My Album.

ah relating to muttley - er right.... yes, well....

as for the professor - yes university does that to you after a while

have you got the tablet set in pen or mouse mode? - pen is usually better

Norman was a star
    Nothing lasts forever...

So you were relating to DD?

The UK version didn't come with a mouse, so I don't have one (and am therefore using pen mode), though I might buy one later.

What I meant by moving my hand so far is that if I want to use the close button (upper right hand X type) I have to move my pen to the upper right hand corner of the tablet to get there. Whereas with a mouse, I can get there by moving my hand an inch or two. I think it is just something that I haven't gotten used to yet, but will with time.
    My Club. My Album.

Quote Originally Posted by bcire68 View Post
    relating to DD?
    I'm sure some of me does

ok - well if you try the tablet in mouse mode, then the cursor will go back to behaving as it does with a mouse - ie it will stay where you leave it, not be mapped to the tablet position

there may be other issues, but it might be worth a try...
    Nothing lasts forever...

Ah...I think mine is in "display mode". Though clicking on the button didn't change anything, probably because I don't have a mouse. I may have already changed that button as it didn't do anything when pressed that I could tell. I will have to check when I get home. Off to Germany (aka home) for the weekend. I've had enough of London for the week.
    My Club. My Album.