Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Tracking Code Problem - Statcounter

An update on my situation.

As suggested I placed the Statcounter Code into a placeholder and located it at the end of each page.

Unfortunately the situation did not change ... I can still see how many hits have occurred but the detailed data is non existent.
    Paul J
    "If it was easy ... everyone would be doing it!
    http://www.tactical-graphic-design.com

I suggest you go back to your statcounter account and redo your settings then grab new install code.
    I have no problems with all details from a code added via a placeholder and placed anywhere on a WD6 or DP6 created page.
    The instructions from SC don't appear to specify that the code must be right before the closing </body> tag.

Congratulations - Here is your Code!

You can configure many options relating to your counter again using the Configure Counter page. If you need to change something that is not available on that page, you can come back to the Install Code page to generate new code for your pages.

What follows is your StatCounter code - simply copy & paste it exactly as it is into your pages to start tracking your visitor data! Make sure you insert it after the <body> tag and before the </body> tag.
    These instructions simple mean that the code should be placed *somewhere* between <body> and </body> - in other words inside the body section.

Thanks Sledger

I discovered the source of the problem ... although I cannot explain the reason(s) for it.

As an experiment I changed the size of the Statcounter log file (from 500 to 250) and bingo ... the code started logging the details right away.

I've advised them as it seems to be a bug.

Thanks to all for the time and suggestions!
    Paul J
    "If it was easy ... everyone would be doing it!
    http://www.tactical-graphic-design.com