Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Way to halt a slideshow at the end?

In WD6 just created a small slide show and all works as expected except that when the last pic has displayed it carries on with the first one again.

Does anybody know if there is a way to make the slide show automatically stop when the final image has been displayed?
    Alan

Default Re: Way to halt a slideshow at the end?

Me too
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11

I do not have WD6 but hope following way work with WD6 as well. I added "slideshow
    controller" placeholder per attached XDP6 file.

In the script [repeat] was changed to "false".

Katsu
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you, that's perfect
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11

Hey Katsu - that works a treat - was a bit of a failure on XX5 so I copied it into WD6 and it did what it said on the tin. Thank you.

But - what I'de like to know is where have you found the information about the items you have clearly played with like useControls position and hideOnMouseOut. I see what you're doing with them and I've had a play and moved around the controls and all perfoms as expected.

But where can I find all these lovely named items - and what they can legally be set to?

And are there any tutorials around where we can learn just what can be played with to create functions of our own? Gary?????
    Alan

Quote Originally Posted by ajreed View Post
    Hey Katsu - that works a treat - was a bit of a failure on XX5
    Version 5 does not use the Highslide JS popup system, so files created with WD6 or DP6 using the new popups system won't work with v5.

Quote Originally Posted by ajreed View Post
    But where can I find all these lovely named items - and what they can legally be set to?
    Have a look at the Highslide API referrence:
    http://highslide.com/ref/

Yeah right that sort of answers whats up for changes Thank you.

But excuse the (perhaps) daft question - what exactly is highslide and how does it work in WD6? I mean is it built in? I'm failing to grasp what its relationship with WD6 is. Maybe I can't see the wood for the trees here - but a gentle idiots guide would be appreciated.

Apologies if this is not the right place to ask such a question, but the answer to my original post seems to have opened up a whole new can of worms - which might - if I can get my head around it - be very interesting.
    Alan

The new popup and slideshow effect is a javascript used in WD6 and DP6 (NOT in P&GD6) and uses the Highslide javascript for this.
    So yes, it's kind of built-in in that it is included for the HTML filter to write the page code and export the highslide.js and highslide.css files necessary for your popups to work.

Member Boy has created some Highslide tweaks using the highslide reference library I linked to before.

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=44814

Thanks Sledger - I think I understand that - but I was right - its a whole new can of worms that I could happily fritter away a week or so playing with - shame my better half has got me redesigning and installing a new bathroom for the next few weeks.

So would I be right in assuming that the piece of code demonstrated in the placeholder to solve my original question is effectively overriding the standard bit of code that would otherwise have controlled the slideshow?

All very interesting and I'm grateful for your explanations.
    Alan

Glad it worked as what you want, gracehjs and ajreed.

Just for your interest you can change the controller position
    to bottom cener and hide it MouseOut
    1. position: change to 'bottom center'
    2. hideOnMouseOut: change to true

Katsu