Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How do I make a music player?

I saw a video for it somewhere but I don't remember. Can anyone tell me how to do that? I'm a musician and would like to add some songs to my site and I'm not sure the best way to do that. Any help would be great!

Default Re: How do I make a music player?

Thread moved to: Talk Web > Web Designer / Xtreme / Designer Pro

James-

"Been there done that" as they say. Have created a zip file for you. The contents will allow you to experiment using a music player with Xara Web Designer 6 or Xara Web Designer Pro. I created the player with Swish Jukebox2 from swishzone.com. This is their Player #16 which allows you to insert your photo or an image of your band logo. You can also name the playlist as I have done.

I used IcoFX 1.6 to reduce the size of the logo for use in the player. You will also find that program useful if you decide to do a music website and want to create a favicon.

You can go to my website to see Player #3 in operation. It does not have as many features as Player #16 ie. volume control, image, minimize.

IMO, since you already own XWD Pro, the way to go is to download the trial version of Swish Jukebox 2 and then take advantage of the free 500mb Xara website space you received with the purchase of XWD. This will allow you to test all the software in combination to see if the jukebox does what you want it to do.

The key to using the SWish Jukebox2 Player within XWD6 or XWD Pro is the creation of a placeholder found under Web Properties. Here is what you need to paste into the "Replace with HTML code" box to get the jukebox to work after all the files are uploaded:

<iframe name=jb src=index_htm_files/jukebox.html width=100% height=100% scrolling=no frameborder=0 marginheight=0 marginwidth=0></iframe>

Jukebox.html, jukebox.swf and all the swf music files created by the Swish Jukebox 2 program need to be in the same directory.

XWD6 doesn't offer a player or jukebox per se. You would need to create a player for each song selection as I have done with the video files on my website. I don't think that that is what you want to do but I could be wrong.

Best woofs,
    DogThiefGuy
    http://dogthief.magix.net/public/
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for the reply, I can certainly give that a shot and see what I come up with. Most bands have a couple songs that play while you view their site or they have a few preview clips. I'd just like some music to play when viewing my home page or make the player show up on every page. A few songs would be fine. I did find that you can embed the myspace music player but i haven't found options where you can customize it's look. And to be clear I have designer 5...not 6. Not sure if that will matter or not. I'll see what I can do.