Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: TalkGraphics - Getting back to basics

Thank you Mr. Priester, Moderator Person

Valid points all.

I would not go to an Adobe forum to make ideological statements or those of willful misdirection of a topic.

The same should hold true here at TalkGraphics, a graphics forum.

It's all about art/graphics and its implementation isn't it?

Well... when I first came to tg, I was under the impression that it was a graphics forum for most anything graphic, apps, worx, comments etc...

The other software boards were always busy... then came the real xara push on the forums... many on the other boards stayed around for a bit, but alas, moved on to forums more specific to their preferred app or interests... but... still dropped in, as.... this forum was a place where cross app friendships had developed... and that my friends, is the point.

This used to be a graphic community where by everybody didn't feel over whelmed by any one app dev team, despite the fact that Xara now ran things... I mean there was never any doubt which app was supported... duh...

but... we in the 3D area always felt welcome, same same for PI, PS, and many others...

now not so much so... what a drag really...

the answers?... I dunno, maybe bring back the cool easy place called tg, or maybe make it tx and then that will be that...

Topic moved. And interesting responses.

Quote Originally Posted by beretgascon View Post
    I think, Gary...
    I agree with many replies by members on this topic, but I mostly agree with what beretgascon said. (Click the arrow in the quote to go to his post)
    Well said! You hit the nail on the head!

And I agree MarkMyWords that this place is too tightly moderated.
    I've been in forums with more "rebellious" members which were better moderated than TG. Not because they had more rules, but because they had less rules.
    While I think that moderators are generally doing a good job, I also feel that there's a censorship here on voicing one's opinion constructively and that this is counted as being "disruptive".