Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Create Drop Shadow Presets?

Hi,

am I missing something, seems like this is a big feature whole for me.

If I create a drop shadow, I need to be able to quickly recreate that drop shadow on other objects without copying properties manually.

Seems like this is missing in Xara, unless I am missing something, could use this function in a few other areas as well...

Although I hope I am missing something.

However, throughout, this program is vastly superior to the other more expensive options, if this function is actually missing, it needs ...putting in :-)

Default Re: Create Drop Shadow Presets?

[1] Copy original object with shadow as you want (Ctlr+C)
    [2] Select next object and Past Attributes (Ctrl+SHIFT+A)

Thanks Sledger, but when I tried this before I changed the size of text etc and seems to carry ALL attributes on the clip board, any way round this?

Hi phpdesigner,

You've correctly spotted that if you copy a text object it also copies over all of the possibly unwanted attributes, including font face, style and size.

Therefore, just create a temporary, simple shape and give it all of the attributes that you want to give your text objects and use that shape as your template for copying. Then copy and paste to your heart's content and any font formatting changes will not be affected in any way.

Thanks Beret,

I was playing around, and worked out this workaround, just a second before I read your post.. So good call ! (both of us).

My family life in Aquitaine btw :-) Trust a Gascon to come up with a solution ... one Gascon and one honoury one :-) LOL

Aquitaine is absolutely beautiful, even the flat Landes in its own way. Another honorary Gascon à votre service!

I am taking my motorcycle there this year!

If you want to create a library of effect presets, you can create a separate document with a bunch of squares or circles or whatever and whenever you need something, just load up that file and copy/paste the attributes. I did that a while ago, when I first discovered Paste Attributes, and I keep adding to it so that it has become quite comprehensive. It is particularly good for saving plugin presets, as things like Xenofex always seem to default to something useless and I tend to always use the same settings.

Good tip BONES.

This file of 'presets' can be added to you custom Design gallery folders.

Do people use those gallery folders? I tend to be organised enough that it's easier to find stuff on my drive. Of course, my Windoze theme clashes with the galleries, making it impossible to read anything that is not highlighted, which could have something to do with me not using them much. Mind you, I'm the same with my mp3s - I'd much rather find something on my drive than in WMP's database, even though the latter has pretty pictures and stuff. So it's probably just me.