Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Free Templates

Hybrid View

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Default Free Templates

For those of you that don't want to wait for Xara to release their templates or for those of you that want a few extra templates (once they do release them). I have created 6 new template themes with 7 template variations each. There are also 4 additional color schemes for each theme. In addition I have created a set of 74 gell button style icons and a generic photo template that can be customized for your own designs.

These templates are free to use though I would appreciate any donations that you would like to give. You can find the templates at http://www.nazumi.de/templates/index.htm

Enjoy.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Default Re: Free Templates

Quote Originally Posted by bcire68 View Post
    For those of you that don't want to wait for Xara to release their templates
    Hi Eric,

Xara have released updates and now templates. see here;

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=46399

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Hi Steve,

I just noticed that myself and am downloading them now.
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    My Club. My Album.

I wanted to wish MoonArtz the best of luck with his template pack for sale. When I posted these free templates weeks ago, nobody was interested enough to even post a comment. I'm considering taking the site down.

Eric
    My Club. My Album.

Eric,

In some things, I've found that free is often misunderstood or underestimated.

Free = junk a lot of the time. For those of us who recognize the good free stuff from the bad and who spend a good deal of our time traveling the web to find the good bits, free stuff is a way of life because there really is a lot of it out there - but for the common, non-internet savvy, non-website making crowd, free=junk.

For as many people as I've seen post on these boards wanting new templates (well done ones, not just a single page layout - like the ones that are included or better), I'm surprised that no one has commented here.

I don't use templates, most everything I do is completely from scratch, but I KNOW that there are folks out there making sites for themselves with templates or even puting them together and selling them - and using Xara products to do so.

I'd be interested in knowing if there is a market for this sort of thing at all as well. How many Xtreme/DP/WD users are there that use the application for creating websites? Have you gotten ANY donations?

I have a donate button on my personal website that has garnered two donations - one for $5 from a stranger and one from a friend for $20 in six months. Hardly pays for the web hosting, let alone the time to create video tutorials and whatnot. I bet if I charged for the videos, I'd make some money.

Just a few thoughts for you. Maybe you should do as MoonArtz is doing and have one for free and pay for the others - or get people to sign up for a subscription, which is popular amongst many template clubs (though this would certainly add some administraive overhead to keep up with).

Hope this helps. Oh, I did look at your templates and they look pretty good to me. Again, I don't really have a need for them, but it's not like you are offering garbage for nothing. I'd raise the price.

$.02

Hey Eric, keep it up - I think you have done a great job with your free templates