Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: To Klaus Nordby

No, Tad, it's in English . . .

K
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

I found it but Klaus has it password protected to keep the likes of us away. The man likes his privacy!

He has the goods in a protected directory called "myart" at his site (ie. http://pixpush.com/myart).

He used to have a entry screen saying something like this: "Uh-uh, my friend – this part of my site is now password protected! Please email me at ********.*****@pixpush.com to get your private access information. Then return to this location and log on by clicking here. (You may have to enter..." Note I altered the email address to protect his privacy. Unfortunately that entry screen isn't working right now. Visit and you'll get a message saying you are unauthorized bla.bla.bla.

I'm looking forward to that coffee!

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Ross, very good detective work there! :-) Too bad for you I was still one step ahead and "fixed" things a bit - but you sure deserve some good coffee!

K
    K
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)

Klaus - do I take that to mean I got it? Certainly we don't want to hack your server to find the good stuff.

I really need the caffine! My boss went out to get more coffee grounds and came back with 4kg of decaffinated crap bought accidentally. Why in hell would anyone drink that coloured water?? During a workday I typically drink at least a litre of strong coffee - it allows me to stay up late at this forum [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] . Now you can imagine my mood when I've only had decaf! --- I'll do anything to get Tad's San Francisco roast. I *need* it! Please-please tell everyone that I was close enough! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Regards, Ross

Klaus,
    I interpret you response to mean that Ross actually "got to the page" before you changed the lock.

So, I think Ross will get the prize, and you still have your privacy. I'm sure you will share what's on the page when you feel like it. Well, actually, I'm NOT sure. You are most likely to do what you damn well please. But you have given the world your calibration pages, and I am not alone in my appreciation.

Ross, can you describe what it was like to get there and back alive? Was there sign of intelligent life? Was anything "said" to you? Come on, Ross, you can tell us. You know you can trust us.

(Who says we can't have fun?)

Regards,,,,,Tad.. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

My monitor is less than a month old and I calibrated it with the little sidekick that comes with Photoshop 6. It checks out just fine with Klaus's page, so I guess I can rely on the sidekick for monthly or so calibration. Klaus's page will be a good place to go and check. Thanks for the reference.

Well actually I didn't get there before Klaus changed things around with his password setup. Without any 'insider' knowledge I did searches on Hotbot and Google. Seeing a link to a 'myart' directory suggested to me that could be the jackpot. I knew for instance that his public gallery wasn't in that directory. The words I quoted regarding emailing for a password are straight out of the search engine display results.

I also checked and found he does not have anonymous ftp set up meaning there is no backdoor to his file structure. His webstats are however available but they had no clues as to the private parts of his site - they likely would have if he visited them more. It is interesting to see how much more traffic he's had in the last few days no doubt related to this thread.

By the way Klaus' server: www.pixpush.com is running Apache/1.3.12 (Unix) ApacheJServ/1.1.2 Rewrit/1.1a FrontPage/4.0.4.3 PHP/4.0.3pl1 on Linux. The host is Alabanza Inc. of Baltimore, Maryland, USA.

Klaus first registered his domain name in 1997 when he was living in New York. He has not updated his contact info with the registrar - he should. His domain name is set to expire in Oct. - don't forget to pay that bill Klaus!

Interestingly, someone/somebodies registered pixpush.ca and pixpush.tm but didn't followup with payment etc. - those domain names are likely available.

Regards, Ross

Ross, you know more about my internet presence than I do! You found all the right stuff, all right, but I've now super-protected myself: I've deleted the files. But in the fullness of time, I will be back - and publicly! You may take a look at what that will look like, more or less, at this test site: www.pixpush.com/KlausNordby (which will eventually become www.KlausNordby.com - I've bought my name long ago).

K
    K

I assume I'm seeing your preview correctly?? I just see brown boxes which I assume are placeholders for when you upload the images. Or else you could be a extreme minimalist. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I hope you'll advise us all via the forum when you new gallery is open.

I see from my explorations of Nordby-World, you organized an Objectivist Conference a year ago. It must have been interesting. The hall you used is very beautiful! I can't figure out what the white couch was for??

Regards, Ross

Ross, yup, just placeholder - the paintings are NOT ready to be displayed: those paintings are the pieces found on my Secret Art Page!

I reclined on the couch when I gave my lecture on literary aspects of Ayn Rand's "The Fountainhead".

Not.

But I enjoyed greatly speaking from the lectern in that old university hall - back around 1850-60, that hall was Norway's Parliament!

K
    K