Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: To Klaus Nordby

I've seen a lot of your comments on this forum, but I've never seen any samples of your work. Is there someplace I can view some samples of your work?

I've seen a lot of your comments on this forum, but I've never seen any samples of your work. Is there someplace I can view some samples of your work?

Deb,
    (or the FIRST other person)
    If you can find Klaus' "secret art page" and let us know where it is, I will personally send you ONE HALF POUND of Graffeo coffee. Roasted right here in San Francisco.
    I've been looking for years, but he is clever and he can move fast.
    I assume everyone has seen his calibration page:
    http://pixpush.com/calibrate/
    Partucularly useful.(to put it mildly)

Rgds......Tad... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

I used google.com and found this http://www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ - as you see, things don´t be far away.

You will learn about Klaus and his art at:
    pixpush.com/klaus

I found it in the User Profile Pages at talkgraphics.

Ciao
    Luciano

If I am the lucky one that receive the half pound of coffee from Tad in this contest, I promise to drink i some of my cups, where I have used XaraX/Corel Xara2 to make the graphics.
    http://www.hesbynett.no/oystange/kopp.jpg

Yes I've seen all that before. It's not very extensive. You'd think someone who does as much critiquing as Klaus does would have a more extensive show of his own stuff, somewhere.

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Bcdeb - you write "someone who does as much critiquing as Klaus does would have a more extensive show of his own stuff". Why?

Klaus is Klaus. He is unique. He is an individual in the philosophical sense. No amount of taunting will ever make him back down from his opinions. He is also a staunch supporter of all our individualism. He can be blunt. Very blunt! Having observed those blunt comments over time I think there is an forthright honesty in them that is rare. I sometimes wish I could express my opinions as clearly.

Regards, Ross

PS - I don't know what secret pages Tad is refering to. Klaus' xara images at his site and the xaraxone have never been secret. By the way, Klaus along with Gary Priester and Gary David Bouton were among the first professional graphic artists to take Xara seriously. Klaus IMHO can be credited with discovering the potential of xara's fractal fills - He showed us how to do things with them that I'm sure the software developers never imagined.

chuckle, chortle, chuckle, chortle, chuckle, chortle . . .

A few more pieces are here:; www.pixpush.com/x-art

But anyone is entitled to critique as much as he likes without having to display a gazillion pieces to the world. Not even one, for that matter.

And my "Secret Art page" is . . . exactly that.

;-)

K
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

I have viewed Klaus's Page quite a few times, not so recently, but in the past. Some very nice images I think, and the fact that they're in the XAR viewing format makes em' all the better, nice work Klaus

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-