Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: warping text

Default warping text

Just a curiosity question concerning bending text. I am in the process of creating a greeting card that looks like an open book. I am attempting to get the text to generally run in a direction that follows the humped shaped that would be presented to the eye if you were reading a real book. Here is the problem. I can use either the brush tool, or the shape editor tool to create a line, convert it to an editable shape and then add text to it. It works great unless you have a lot of text that you want to add such as for example making an entry into a diary. So far the only thing I can come up with is to duplicate the original line as many times as I need to fill a page and then convert each line into an editable shape and then add text to it. As you can imagine, this is tedious at best. Am I missing some secret that will make this easier or am I just going to have to accept the fact that it's going to be a long tedious chore of adding a line, converting it to editable shapes, and then adding text. Any advice would be great appreciated.

Thanks, Manny

Default Re: warping text

You could look at AV Bro page curl. Rich

Assuming you are using Xara Xtreme?
    Try using the mold tool to shape your text object into any shape you desire.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	moldtool.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	46.1 KB 
ID:	37909  

Thanks Mike. worked like a charm

Manny

Hi Manny,

You can also use the fit text to curve feature. Just create one line, type your text and select both and fit text to curve. The text overflows but continues following the curve.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!1.gif 
Views:	160 
Size:	9.7 KB 
ID:	37913  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Is there an easy way to bend test in a arch or other shape to print on t-shirts?

Thanks,

Philip

Draw text - draw arc - select both - Arrange menu > Fit text to curve - clear line colour. (Pretty much as the above post) ...
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.