Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: Do we need a new forum...?

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Good one Derek. What about the people who argue their argument shouln't go into the "arguments forum"?
    People who argue that their disagreement with the new rules is not an argument, and so try to argue for free in the main body of the forum, would of course in the first instance get a warning by one of the, by then, handsomely paid, Moderating Force.
    If they continued to argue that they should be allowed to argue for free, then a Moderator would have the power to dispatch a small ‘hit team’. I envision this to be organised along the lines of Mosad or the FSB. Fully funded by the new Fight Club’s millions it could be used to mercilessly take out dissenters anywhere in the World and so maintain the order to the Forums that we all long for.
    Harsh, but ultimately beneficial for the whole I feel.
    IP

John, I will endevour not to represent you in any form. Be assured.
    IP

Like it Derek!
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64
    IP

Derek, the phone is cut and the birds have stopped singing. Should I be worried?

Can you go off topic on a thread about "no holds barred" forums?
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Derek, the phone is cut and the birds have stopped singing. Should I be worried?

Can you go off topic on a thread about "no holds barred" forums?
    Tampering with the phone is not 'yet' something that is possible by the TGMF. (talkgraphicsmoderatingforce)
    The elimination of birds, barking dogs and unattended children is currently being looked at.
    As for off topic, to be quite honest I've forgotten what the threads about, and will say no more.
    IP

Gary,

This is a thought provoking idea. Utopian perhaps?

Sometimes it is possible to believe that a good no-holds blast at some irritating Pratt, would help to reduce your own blood pressure, but on balance I think that self discipline is essential in all avenues of expression in the forum.

It is all too easy to read too much into your own interpretation of a printed comment. The overall result could be that members might feel resentment towards each other when they return to the more restrained sections of the forum.
    TJB
    IP

You wanna get rid of us, no more apartheid, no more apartheid, we are not animals to be caged in our own section, we are human
    be aware, not to become a ware.
    IP

So I guess what I am hearing here is that you feel this forum idea of mine is not such a hot idea then? That you prefer less conflict and not more conflict? Is this what I am hearing?
    IP

I once watched a psychologist on TV talk at length about the phenomenon where it's encouraged on these TV talk shows (circuses with springer, et al) to "let it all out" in public or private. Just say anything that comes to mind, just let it all tumble out, stream of consciousness. It will then improve things.

Well, apparently, the previous posters here are quite correct. Instead of bleeding the bad blood out of you, leaving you healthy, it just multiplies the distrust and bad feelings between the well-meaning participants in the exercise.

I'm an American. Another vote for "British civility" (nixing the idea of a thrash forum).

Hip Hip-
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    So I guess what I am hearing here is that you feel this forum idea of mine is not such a hot idea then? That you prefer less conflict and not more conflict? Is this what I am hearing?
    I think there are plenty of outlets for conflict on the web. Talkgraphics used to be a refuge from that.

I had you down as a mamma and Pappas kind of guy.

Despite all the moderator nonsense, people generally get on here so besides the recent anomaly, I think calm will return. I thought it had until this thread appeared!
    Last edited by pauland; 01 July 2010 at 02:46 PM.
    IP