Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Do we need a new forum...?

Please don't do this. I already feel bad for my part in what has happened here lately. I have already felt a change in the way my questions on another matter were answered. I simply wanted to learn something and understand where another opinion was coming from. Because of everything I found myself painstakingly labouring over every question worried that it might be taken the wrong way. I did learn something from that thread but I'm sure the answers I received were given with some suspicion of my motives. A no holds barred forum would only create divisons and tension that would spread throughout the rest of the forums. TG is like an apple tree and we all have our part of the tree. the moderators are the roots, the forum it's self the trunk. the branches are the rest of us members and the leaves are the ideas and posts we share. The apples are the future, future sales and future members, and Xara is the farmer. It takes all parts working in harmony to make the tree grow and produce fruit. The ill feelings created by a forum just to fight would spread like a disease through TG's branches.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.
    IP

Nice analogy Frances.
    IP

I take your point Frances, some people might take grudges back to the main forums. As for you feeling bad in that other thread, I think it was more that the particular topic generates much heat anyway as some people have been "bitten" by theft, it wasn't your questioning.

PS Just got the June Outsider - will have a go at your tutorial tomorrow
    Last edited by zaphodeist; 01 July 2010 at 01:33 AM. Reason: added bit about theft
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64
    IP

Very nicely stated Frances, and I agree. I learned a long time ago that just because it's FREE doesn't necessarily mean it's for ME. That goes for FREE-FOR-ALLS as well. I'd rather learn something or help someone else learn than participate in a head-bashing, tongue-lashing forum. Count me out of that one if it materializes.

I'd rather argue for new features in Xara's software line or try to shout and be heard to keep certain functionality included in their updated products.

-1 for me,
    Harry
    IP

Why would we want to make a forum just for angry people. This is supposed to be a happy place, at least for me and the last week or so has been very negative. The problems with the moderators, the in-fighting between members........sorry folks, this is supposed to be a forum of members helping other members either getting over a problem or learning a new technique.

I think maybe Frances has it wrong. Maybe ideally it should be an apple tree but lately it is a nut tree full of nuts. I was going to say lets go back to the good old days but then I remembered that banned moderator, Jamesmd or something like that, Sally Bode, Big Frank are a few examples of a lot of anger.......

No Gary, I don't think I would like a forum for angry people. Maybe you should think of starting a new forum that dispenses Valium, we certainly could have used a forum like that these last two weeks.
    I have an awful lot of respect for many people here, including Joke Artist, Big Frank and many more with much talent and the capabilities of teaching new techniques and ideas to the members, but if all they are going to do is scream about loosing their rights to their artwork, refuse to post anything but fill the forum with angry and negative threads, then why are they here. Come on guys, lets get positive. Pop a valium and make yourself's happy...........frank
    IP

I think the Aussies have an analagous sport called Rugby that simulates the type of forum proposed.

Don't think I would enjoy such a forum and might even being tempted to look.
    This looking could lead to an unsettling opinion about others who otherwise I consider in high esteem.
    IP

Are you calling us Aussies Thugs
    I ate my crayon.
    IP

Extreme Cage Fighting ... naw!
    IP

My two cents .... I agree with most of the opinions here. This forum has become like a second family. Sometimes the members squabble, who doesn't, and there is always going to be differences of opinion, but people who are on opposite sides of a discussion this week, will be on the same side next week. Sometimes too the parents (moderators) are going to do something that the children (members) don't like, we can either live with it, or leave home, and in doing so, like most children who leave home, there are going to be regrets on both sides. There is no right way or wrong way to deal with this.

Lets face it, this forum is the most diverse mix of languages, cultures and backgrounds that you are going to get anywhere. However generally it is the most friendly welcoming forum that I have ever been on. Most forums, I have registered, asked a question, and left because the attitudes are appalling.

As shown by my post count, this one is different - radically so.

If people really want a no-hold barred kicking and screaming forum, then let them go elsewhere! They are not needed in my family .......
    Last edited by ss-kalm; 01 July 2010 at 02:47 AM.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
    IP

Good one Francis!! Well put!
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.
    IP