• Thumbnail Images

22 42.31%
  • Full Size Images

30 57.69%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Poll on Thumbnail Images

Quote Originally Posted by ankhor View Post
    Well DD that is why I want thumbnails, if I use up up my 2Gb a month I have
    to wait forever for a thread to load if it is all big pictures.
    touche!
    Tony

I’m sure I must be missing something with all this. As I see it you get a thumbnail, click on it and get a bigger image, click again and get a bigger version if it’s available?
    How is having to do a whole extra click in anyway a great task or inconvenience, and if you’ve bothered to look at the thread in the first place, no doubt intrigued by the title, you’re surly going to notice that there’s a thumbnail to look at and that it might require a bit of a click if you want to look at it in greater detail. In fact you are probably more likely to look at it, as you haven’t 'clicked' off to another thread because some massive image is taking so long to load you’ve given up waiting.
    Elsewhere there is a current thread that seems to be lamenting the fact that if images are posted on TG someone could pinch them; well print your name across it then. This thread on the other hand seems to be saying that it requires an extra click or two to get an image that is big enough to be worth downloading for whatever reason.
    Every time I’ve come to this forum over the past couple of weeks all the posts seem to be about the forum itself rather than about; well anything else really.
    It must be heat?
    Derek

I agree Derek. We do seem to be getting away from the purpose of the forums, to ask questions and provide answers and show examples of images we have created.

But as you can see by the vote numbers, there is a good number of people on both sides of the issue. And it is interesting to hear people's reasons pro and con.

But yes, maybe some day we can get back to talking about graphics.

RE: Sizes.

When you post an image there is a chart (attached) that is below the Browse windows that indicates maximum file size and in many cases, maximum width for an image. The limitations are there for the very reasons stated by some members who do not want to open an thread with a 6MB image that someone has posted.

I believe that if an image larger than the specified size is attached it will appear in text as an attachment but will not be displayed until the visitor clicks on the link.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sizes.png 
Views:	80 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	73738  

I agree, let's get back to talking about graphics and the Xara software.....it's not very educating to hear this much grumbling (from one who has grumbled a bit too much too).....good call, as usual Gary.
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11