Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Getting the background right

Now that I've created my "Stargate Atlantis" screensaver I want to make some different savers for some friends of mine. But I keep coming up with the same problem which is getting my backgrounds to the right size so they don't "Tile" across the screen.

A couple of mates sent me photo's (640 x 800) of themselves and their pets so I could put the pets in the revolving foreground, but I can't get the background photo to cover the screen. I've tried enlarging the photo but I come up with the same result. Tiling.

I know its getting the size of the background just right, but is there a set size for this or some other way of setting the background so it doesn't become multiplied a dozen times across the screen.

Thanks .
    Fabian

Default Re: Getting the background right

it will always tile if I remember right [not got xara3d here to check at pres.]

the trick is to get the photo pixel size right [at 96 dpi/ppi] for the size of your animation

then it will not show [you can tweak the exact position with the x/y sliders
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

ok this is from memory

when you export your screen saver - you get a sizing option [I think its called 'other']

you should have your background image the same pixel size as this [at 96dpi/ppi] I think

apologies if memory is playing me false here

if your image is a different ratio you will need to 'pad it out' or alter your animation width/hight ratio
    Last edited by handrawn; 28 June 2010 at 09:38 AM. Reason: add last line
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks handrawn

Its certainly a tricky one but I'm going to start a trial and error approach.

Thanks.
    Fabian