Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'm just back from work, but I have had a couple of emails from Egg and Jim with files attached, so I am about to try them out http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

I'll report back soon!

Many Thanks Egg, Jim, John.

Mike

Well, I'm a happy man again, thanks to the help I was given here, and I'm grateful. The resulting piccy here is a detail from the armillary sphere I have been working on, showing the steel rings in the centre that had been causing me grief now possessing the engraved detail that I had wanted all along. A secondary problem that I was having is that importing an image that was saved as a wmf file is slightly different in size and aspect ratio from the same image imported as .xar/.web or pasted in.

I still don't understand why XaraX was unable to create the wmf files properly, or why Xara3D can be so nasty to some imports, but I can live with that for now.

Anyway, thanks again for your help.

Mike

http://www.xaracen.pwp.blueyonder.co...e%20detail.png

On Earth for A Little While / With Christ for Eternity

Mike, That's sweet man. Can you rotate any of them independently? Did you piece that together in Xara3D?

I didn't purchase the latest version yet since I didn't use x3d5 that much. Lost track of what's possible with X3d6.

Maybe soon we'll see some manual tween or timeline controls for X3d to go with the default choices. I wonder if the open architecture will encompass X3d's next release as well? The future's looking bright for a Xara & X3d marriage!
    ----------- _~o
    ----------- '\<,, "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep
    ><>____(_)/ (_) - in order to gain that which he cannot loose." JE

Ww
    yes the sphere was pieced together in Xara3D, using one of the inbuilt animations to rotate some of the parts into the correct relative positions, then pausing it. The X3D file should display perfectly happily in X3d5 I think. There is a thread in the X3d forum which shows a couple of animations of the sphere. Here is a larger version of the image with a black background.

Mike

It's looking even better, if that is possible. Awed a watchmaker friend of mine. He said your work is fantastic. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif