Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm trying to export some parts of the XaraX file that contains all the shapes for my Armillary Sphere in Xara3D. A couple of complex shapes have gone OK, but this one is just a little more complex and wmf/emf export results in no actual image or outline in the .wmf or emf file, and X3D says there is no outline in them. XaraX is offering no error message during the export, and the resulting wmf/emf file is only a few hundred bytes in size, whereas the wmf/emf exports that worked are several Kbytes.

Attached is the single shape I am trying to export, and it is only a little more complex than the successful exports. Anybody have any suggestions as to what is happening, or not, as seems to be the actual case?

Mike

http://www.xaracen.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/ring.png

I'm trying to export some parts of the XaraX file that contains all the shapes for my Armillary Sphere in Xara3D. A couple of complex shapes have gone OK, but this one is just a little more complex and wmf/emf export results in no actual image or outline in the .wmf or emf file, and X3D says there is no outline in them. XaraX is offering no error message during the export, and the resulting wmf/emf file is only a few hundred bytes in size, whereas the wmf/emf exports that worked are several Kbytes.

Attached is the single shape I am trying to export, and it is only a little more complex than the successful exports. Anybody have any suggestions as to what is happening, or not, as seems to be the actual case?

Mike

http://www.xaracen.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/ring.png

Hi Mike,

Can you convert all the lines to shapes then add all the shapes into one shape? That might be able to be transfered from X1 to X3D6...

John,
    Mike says that it's already one shape.

Mike,
    Why do you want to convert it to wmf or emf ? Why not just export / import as a xar?

Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Mike,

A lot of us here have software that can probably convert it to a vector format you can use.

If you can post your Xara file and let us know what formats you can use and how you intend to use it, I am sure one of us will be willing to do the conversion ... at least I will :}.

John

Well, the reason I need it as a wmf format is that Xara3D can only import .xar, .web, .wmf, and .emf, and it is badly mangling the other formats. I have posted about this in the Xara3D forum, but attached is the sort of problem I have been getting.

I was experimenting with other formats to see what suffered the least damage in importing to X3D, and the wmf file is far and away the best. The image on the left I eventually transferred as a .wmf file, and that went into X3D pretty well, but I can't even export the other ring as wmf.

John, I will post the .xar file tonight. Many Thanks.

Mike

http://www.xaracen.pwp.blueyonder.co...%20problem.png

I trimmed out the inner part of the ring, and I could export that OK, leaving just main ring, but even with that reduction it still won't export a live .wmf file. I don't know what it is about it that causes the export to fail.

I have attached the .xar file here. If someone can convert it to .wmf, I'd be grateful. Thanks in advance, John http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Mike

Xar file

I emailed the WMF File Mike
    Jim
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

Mike
    I've emailed you an adjusted xar file that seems to copy and paste fine.
    Egg
    http://www.xlwebdesign.co.uk/tg/azimuth.png
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Mike,

Been busy. Looks like others have already provided some files for you.

Did you get what you needed?