Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Heads up when buying the latest Xara

Hi

Just a warning for people resident outside the UK who are purchasing on-line Designer6 (or other Xara products) to make sure that the UK flag is NOT showing in the top right hand corner when you are buying, or you will end up paying VAT at 17½% (I think).

Messy!

Brett

Default Re: Heads up when buying the latest Xara

Not so easy to get round Customs & Excise I'm afraid! Prices on the sterling and euro purchase pages are quoted VAT inc, prices on the USD purchase pages are quoted VAT ex - but if EU customers buy anything in the USD shop then VAT will be added to the base price at 17.5%. The end result is that the price will be pretty much the same whichever currency you purchase in.
    Kate Moir
    [url]http://www.xara.com[/url]

I have to say that the VAT inclusion is not that easy to spot on the website. I only just saw it on the left hand side of the upgrade page after taking another look.

I refused to purchase the dp pro upgrade at first because of the £79 price tag. It only became clear from reading posts by others that I would actually only pay £69 (presumably a discount for already owning web designer 6?) and then another £10 or so of the price is VAT, which I can claim back. This made the final price £59, which I decided was still a little high but bearable so I purchased.

You are lucky! I was charged £75...
    Tony

Fortunately I don't have to pay VAT and not the NZ equivalent NZ tax of GST. However our new govt has decided that we will soon have to pay IPT - an international purchases tax, I think it's called. How can they do this to me?! :-)