Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Problems Problems Problems

I also downloaded the templates this way....it should be there if you've updated your program properly.
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11

Quote Originally Posted by Loggy View Post
    Eh? This is Designer Pro aka Xtreme 6. There is no such entry in the Help drop down or any other for that matter.
    Only unlocked/licensed/activated installations will show the updates entry in the dropdown.
    Those still using the software as a trial do not have access to the additional templates.

Ah thanks. So the problem was not that there was no Download Templates drop down but that the Update Program didn't work properly!

It always reported that I had the latest program, which was a little surprising since I originally downloaded it over a month ago and it is s new product....

Anyway I am now downloading 383MB of stuff which will take a few minutes even as the server is not that far away from me in global terms

383 MB of data over the web is a lot of data, it does take a few minutes for sure. Glad you got it sorted out.
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11

Quote Originally Posted by Loggy View Post
    Anyway I am now downloading 383MB of stuff which will take a few minutes even as the server is not that far away from me in global terms
    Ah - spoke too soon! I tried to download this Content Pack twice to my XP machine and both times it froze at 332MB.

Funny that, so I downloaded it to my Kubuntu box and that worked OK. Fortunately this is defined as an SMB drive on my XP macine so I am now installing it an hour later.....

It is installed now so I should have all the clipart and anything else. I have also added the clipart from Xtreme5.

Thanks for the help everyone!