Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Problems Problems Problems

I just ordered Xara P&GD, downloaded the trial version and registered the product.

1. I did not uninstall Extreme v5 so both programs are on my machine.

2. In the Designs Gallery from "Examples (Preview)" and down, all designs throw the error dialog "Not included in the Trial Version. . . " even though I have activated and registered my copy of the program.

3. The clone tool causes numerous errors when using the mask.

It's not my job to debug the program so I will stop here. But then I may doing something wrong. Any suggestions?

Looking forward to some way to repair these problems.

Ron

Default Re: Problems Problems Problems

To begin, the download version doesn't contain many of the templates and such that will be included when the CD is shipped. Last year I got mine in July. It has been discussed at leangth that most would like an option to download this stuff once registered, but I don't think anything has come of it. Also, one of the new features is supposed to be an auto-updating desings gallery, so maybe we'll see someting come in that way.

I haven't specifically had issues yet with the clone tool, especially in combo with the mask. Can you show a recipe to create the problem? or upload your problematic xar file?

Xara often puts out a patch to correct minor issues shortly after release. If you can repro your issue here, it would be worth entering into the Dear Xara forum to get the developers' attention.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Hi Ron, While you are waiting for the CD you can import all the designs gallery items from version5 quite easily

Open the designs gallery and click disc designs
    navagate to the Xtreme 5 clipart folder The path should look something like this: c:/program files/Xara/your version of Xtreme/clipart
    double click the clipart folder to open it then click add and your Xtreme 5 clipart will now appear in Designer6
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I really don't know why Xara doesn't enable a CD download automatically. Why go to the bother of using the postal system when many customers are overseas?

It seems daft to me. I am now loading the Xtreme 5 CD which I never bothered with and wonder whether it will overwrite my updated XX5 version etc, just to get at the clipart. And I expect there will be lots of duplication which is really messy.

Please Xara - you have a super product. Make it easier to order and use! That's what the internet is all about!

NeilH is offline Xara Group Ltd. Development Manager Member

With version 6 you can download and install all the gallery content immediately after unlocking, so you don't need to wait until the CD arrives. You have everything available immediately after purchase.

Regards

Neil

Patience is a virtue. http://www.talkgraphics.com/showpost...78&postcount=4 They should be shipping the CDs soon now. watch for posts here on TG people usually begin to post when CDs start arriving.
    I believe it has been said (although I can't find it at the moment) that when your CD arrives you won't have to uninstall the download version first.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |

Quote Originally Posted by NeilH View Post
    With version 6 you can download and install all the gallery content immediately after unlocking, so you don't need to wait until the CD arrives. You have everything available immediately after purchase.
    That'd be gr8 but how? I have tried the Update Program and also the Downloads section of the support site, which doesn't mention Designer Pro at all. Is it via a drop-down (which would be the natural way although automatic would be even better) or what?

Start the program, go to the Help menu and pick the "Download Templates" option

Eh? This is Designer Pro aka Xtreme 6. There is no such entry in the Help drop down or any other for that matter.

Are you sure? Mine shows it. Have you installed the latest download available on the Xara download page? There was an update released a few weeks ago that allowed for the template downloads among other things.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grab templates.png 
Views:	132 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	74940  
    Last edited by angelize; 28 July 2010 at 06:48 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]