Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: A sad farewell to Bill And Egg

Yes, some will leave, and Frances will be the first for sure.
    This should be a community like before.

-The users want to know what is happening exactly.-
    I can't stop of working.. I will have the eternity to rest
    Madre Teresa de Calcuta.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    Jose' that is not the signature in question. before Xhris was suspended his signture read something to the effect of "Self proclaimed Moderator" The real moderators asked him to change it and he wouldn't do it. That is why he was suspended.
    I just want to set the record straight: the screenshot above in post 14 is *precisely* the signature I was suspended for. I have never claimed to be a moderator at all, as the lack of hard evidence suggests. This is all I feel I need to say about this in these sad and troubled times in my defense, and hope we can just get back to us all contributing help to each other in our own way and avoid widening rifts and worsening upset, which won't help any of us. Thanks.
    IP

I have nothing to say for or against Xhris, however for him to become a moderator now, as has been suggested, would be more like a coup than a convenient solution to a sudden moderator shortage. I think it would certainly upset many regular members who would inevitably perceive it as a little unjust given the events of the last few days.
    Derek
    IP

Totally agree! It's not going to happen I assure you!
    IP

Facts are hard to come by when there is so much he said, she said, they said. What a mess! I'm going to get under my doona.
    Rupert
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by PhilM View Post
    ...And he follows them up to make sure they are fixed...
    Now I'm confused - Why should he need to follow up with you? Your own Bug Department once told me: "Although the support tickets can be marked as closed, this does not mean that we have closed the bug. The bug remains open until the developer resolves it." (CS).

Sorry for going off-topic, but what you said indicates that your bug reporting system is not good, because it automatically closes bugs after thirty days or so.

David
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    ...Xhris's signature .... stated that he was a self proclaimed moderator. ..
    seems not to have been the case

see Charles statement here:

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showpost...7&postcount=78

so I guess the screenshot is now irrelevant Jose? - time to move on...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Yes, at the end someone told the true.
    I can't stop of working.. I will have the eternity to rest
    Madre Teresa de Calcuta.
    IP

I want to add one thing by way of clarification and then I am going to lock down this thread. OK? I think we have beat this dead horse to death.

The moderators added a rule about signatures some time back. The reason for this was simple. Some people were registering as members. These people had no interest in any of the products covered in these forums. But they would post in all the forums and use their signatures as a subtle form of spam with links to whatever products or services they were spamming. That was why this rule was added.

Now, can we all get back to our own business and try to put this unpleasantness behind us?

Thanks. And thanks for all who supported the moderators and thanks for all who supported Xhris.
    IP