Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Unable set XaraXtreme5 as default to open jpg files

Using Vista Home Premium. Wish to make XaraXtreme5 the default for "OpenWith" for jpg files. Tried using all the default setting tools and procedures but XaraXtreme is never listed as aprogram that can be used. currently assigned default is xaralink.exe which simply stops any action when selected. don't know when, where or how xaralink became associated or what it is used for. I can't find it in any file folder, nor can I delete it. It can be changed to Microsoft Picture Mngr, Xara Photo Editor, and several other picture/photo processing programs. Cannot find way to add XaraXtreme to list of available default programs. Thanks for any help.
    BDkr

Default Re: Unable set XaraXtreme5 as default to open jpg files

In XP .... Open Explorer

Right click on the jpg, and go to open with ....

Xara Xtreme is listed as a recommended program

OR

Go down to choose program ...
    Click Browse
    Navigate to chosen program

I know that vista is probably different, but can't see the basics being unfathomable.

Hope this helps at least a bit ...
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I can confirm that it works the same with Vista.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Yes, just checked on my laptop ..... Bdkr Xara Xtreme 5 should be listed under recommended program. If not follow the instructions in post #2 to create the default. Xaralink and Xtreme application files are in the same folder ... c:\...\program files\Xara\Xara Xtreme 5
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Thanks All,--Gave it one more college try and with a further twist of the key opened the magic folder that had been obscuring my vision. So all is well that ends well as my grammer school teacher back in the '30's opined. Hey appreciate your support. Bye now,
    Bdkr