Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which version?

Default Which version?

Has anybody downloaded both version of the trial program?

What I like.........I can upgrade to the pro version for the same version as everybody else.

..........I like the layer gallery in the pro version, being able to drag objects from one layer to the other. Has the regular version implimented this or not.

........downloaded the pro version, but do not have the time to try and experiment with it, so the 6 day time limit is ticking by without me learning anything

What I don't like........do not like the new interface. I have played with the screen resolution of my computer to make compatable for my eyes. Nice big fonts, icons, etc. The new interface just by passes all this and ends up with small eye straining fonts, icons that are very hard for me to see. If I do buy, this is one kid that will revert to the old light gray interface. The new is nice to look at......sort of..........but is too hard on my eyes.

........Also don't particularly like it being an all in one. Even though I said I wouldn't, I sucked myself into buying web designer 6.......so why do I need it in all in one program. Right clicking is bring up too many options now, the menu bars are getting to crowded and messy, making it hard to find the options I want.

So, if the regular version has the same layer gallery, maybe I will just stick with it, if not maybe I will upgrade. Can anybody help me with this one so I don't have to download both trial versions.........frank

p.s. If I get a chance to play with the trial version before it expires, maybe I will join the forum in some of the debates and challenges that are going on. I was watching Xhris's videos on you tube to try to decide whether to buy the upgrade or not, and when I went back to watch the second one for a second time, it was pulled........too bad, it was effecting my decision on whether to buy or not. Hope this dispute ends up with everybody being friends again. Also just read Egg's thread about not being a moderator anymore. This forum has gone through really good periods where everybody is very helpful, bad periods where there are some nasty, insulting remarks, but mostly just good........hope the new rules don't break something that was basically working and working really well..........

Default Re: Which version?

The good thing is Seagull, it seems that if you don`t have
    the PRO version yet, you can upgrade from your XX5 to XDP6 for
    the same price as we PRO users have to, that is a bargain it seems.
    But I guess you have to have xx5, don`t know if you have.
    be aware, not to become a ware.

I had been longing for a pro version for a long time and promised myself when the new version came out I would go pro even though I knew I probably would not use all the features, but who knows I might sometime. A couple of them I knew I wanted so compared both version trials to see the difference for myself. Anyway I haven't been using it long enough but so far I'm glad I went pro and the price was right.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Morning Popeye and Larry.

Yes, exactly. If I upgrade this is the time to do it, but do I really have to upgrade? The feature I liked best about the pro was the layer gallery. Has this been included in the regular version yet?

And I have played with it but give the dark grey a thumbs down for not respecting my peramatures (large fonts in the menu bars, drop down menues, etc). Even my 19 year old daughter saw it for the first time last night and gave it a thumbs down. As long as I can continue to have the option to change, no problems, take away that option and loose a customer.

Somebody mentioned designer skins. But how much bloat would this add and is it worth it. The present option works fine with me...........frank

You may not need to if you are satisfied with what you have.
    As for me I really really wanted to go with the pro version. As far as the UE that seems to be a matter of personal opinion. As for me I liked the old UE because when I was testing a blend with X5 and XDP6 I realized how much easier it was for me to find and see the tools I wanted (blend in particular, and the page and layers gallery for some reason seem difficult for me to see) The old one seemed so much friendlier. Maybe I'm just not used to the new one or the new icons yet but time will tell. I'm just happy I went pro.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

You can extend the trial period to a full 30 days easily and freely, if you need more time to play around.

Looks like you can also do it on multiple computers, as I started playing with my windows machine here at work and then had to extend it again for my PC at home.
    This signature would be seven words long if it was six words shorter.

4.0 Pro - not going anywhere else.

Frank the Page & Layer gallery in the Photo & Graphic Designer 6 and the Designer Pro 6 work the same way. In the 5 versions the standard version did not have the ability to access the shapes within groups, etc.

The attached screen shots show the dark and light interface.

I used XaReg 1.4.0.4 (available in one of the posts here on TG) to set the colours.

I'm undecided if I will continue working on XaReg, so the current beta that I posted will be the only update available for some time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XPG6_page-layers.png 
Views:	141 
Size:	18.7 KB 
ID:	73583   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XPG6-page-layers.png 
Views:	137 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	73584  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xareg_page-layers.png 
Views:	141 
Size:	34.0 KB 
ID:	73585  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

If the NEW web features are of interest to you, you will need to go with the Pro version. the regular version keeps the v5 web features but doesn't get any of the new ones.

JokeArtist - I'm really surprised that you don't see value in some of the new features this time around, or at least in the layer gallery changes, which make things a LOT easier in a lot of non-web ways.

Quote Originally Posted by slavelle View Post
    JokeArtist - I'm really surprised that you don't see value in some of the new features this time around, or at least in the layer gallery changes, which make things a LOT easier in a lot of non-web ways.
    Well, not everyone actually uses a layer structure when they create.
    I hardly do, but maybe I should.
    be aware, not to become a ware.