Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Default Re: Moderators / Xhris dispute

yes thanks Charles for the statement

hopefully we can move on quickly now
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

I would just like to say thanks to Charles for the clarification. I for one hope that can be the end of the matter, (though I bet it won’t be).
    It’s depressing that there has been, seemingly, more posts about this moderator issue than there has about the recent major release of Designer6 and certainly far more posts than there has been examples of users work posted in the last month or more.
    The value of this forum is in part the sharing of tips and tricks for the use of Xara products but just as valuable is the sharing of examples of work that acts a spur to other members to ‘up their game’.
    I certainly would like to see far more work being posted as its seeing these examples as they appear that keeps me visiting here as often as I do.
    Derek
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    What is the point of posting it? No one here knows who was it. No one knows why was he banned for the first time. No one knows what he did when registered for the second time. So what does it show us except his attitude?
    You are absolutely correct.

My Dad's words: "As a former Moderator, I behaved poorly in some situtations, but believe the reaction towards me was ideological based instead of being based on sound judgment for the matter-at-hand. I offer the proof of my absence of over four years as proof of my compliance to the decisions made."

Thank you for tolerating this cathartic reaction from my Dad. :\
    IP

Any moment now Rod Serling is going to do a voiceover..
    IP

I would lock this thread now if I could, but I do not have that authority in this forum. So, let me just say, I think we are finished here. OK?
    IP

Open a pool and see if you can close it?
    You should close this thread IMO.
    I can't stop of working.. I will have the eternity to rest
    Madre Teresa de Calcuta.
    IP

Sometimes people just need to shout at each other for a while to clear up long standing niggles. Hopefully everyone has now said what needed to be said, heard what needed to be heard and we can get on with what we do best - helping each other to find solutions.
    IP

Thanks for clarifying your position Charles, appreciated. One thing you didn't mention though is whether attempts have been made - or any plans/hopes - for compromise, reconciliation and getting back to how things were? That's what we all want I'm sure. I don't know whether people have been censored or banned unjustifiably behind the scenes, but I do know that the mods have, in my opinion, been overly lenient at times ... kind of balances things out. They've done an excellent job overall. Those who complained might well not have had the support of the community.

TG wouldn't be what it is without the Moderation that until now existed. Yes, I know TG wouldn't exist at all without you and Xara, but there's existing and there's being alive [no apologies for the metaphysics ] - we wouldn't want Tg to go backwards and become just another forum. That's my view and people are quite entitled to disagree. Change is inevitable, but I fear the effects of such a sudden upheaval.

Can't a compromise be found?

EDIT Just seen your post Gary after spending ages composing - not ignoring what you said
    Last edited by zaphodeist; 25 June 2010 at 04:01 PM. Reason: late posting
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64
    IP