Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Rotating a disc

Default Rotating a disc

I'm in the proccess of making a Coke Can Stirling Engine which has a couple of CD's stuck together to make a fly wheel on one side and I was going to put a design on the disc to make it look good.

I see in "The Official Guide" there's a rotate tool and was wondering if I can make a circle that will rotate so I can see the outcome of different patterns before I actually print one out to attatch it to the CD. If I keep changing the design by sticking one design on top of another, eventually the engine will keel over to one side with all those covers stuck to it.

Doing it with Xara Extreme would save me a lot of covers and ink, if I could get the circle up and running. Not knowing enough to start I would apprciate a little help.

Thanks a lot.
    Fabian

Default Re: Rotating a disc

So you want to design a coloured disc - and get Xtreme to rotate it for you on the screen so you can see what it looks like before you print it?

Easy - make a flash animation.

I've attached an extreme file with such a wheel in it, just click the "Preview flash animation" icon to watch it spin.

Hope this helps.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Alan

Alternatively - draw your circular design, group it all together, select the "show rotation handles" icon, then grab one and move mouse in a circular motion.

Crude I admit, but it would give some idea of what your design looks like when spinning.
    Alan

Thanks Alan

I'll give that a try.
    Fabian