Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I Thick?

Default Am I Thick?

I have been working away on a website in WD6 for a few hours! Have been linking files for things like minutes and agendas with a few info sheets as well as well as using Pro5 for the design bits copying and pasting into WD6. Last week I bought Pro D6 and thought to day I would finish of the site bar a few photos but all the linked stuff does not come across to Pro D6. I had WD6 reg'd for the web but changed it to Pro D6 when I put in the serial No. Why does the linked stuff not import into Pro D6? It is no great hassle to still work in WD but I though it would import. Me thinks I better have a look in the page options area might have missed something there!
    Design is thinking made visual.

Default Re: Am I Thick?

It should import well. What kind of messages you get?
    John.

Hi Peter,

You are not thick, unless we all are in the same way.

There is a bug in the WD6 release. It has been fixed and will be available in the first released patch. No info about when a patch will be ready, at least I don't know if one is ready.

EDIT: I see that John has already answered.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

No message opens easily. Did icons for folders in XPro 5 then just duplicated in WD 6 none of those came across. Also did photos under menu bar none came across. Even did a contact page using one of the Google forms it didn't come. It's no real hassle to finish in WD 6 but thought D Pro 6 would have taken it across so would like to hear if there is a work around. Should also state that I used "Infrastructure" design template for starter.

What do you mean by not came across? Is there missing objects in the imported design? Or are these the external files that are supposed to be published in the files folder?
    John.

There are many missing objects from icons to photos and a contact form. Tried giving them names but that didn't work. Will plod along with WD 6 if can't be sorted. Please remember I used template with many of the photos are auto-replaced after importing and the icons were done in XPro 5 and copied over. Also the external files were copied as well and transferred to a folder where I am saving the work and linked there. I haven't published the file yet!

New version still can't get all the icons and photos from work done in WD 6 across to D Pro 6.1.1.1. I thought that might have been fixed?

Why oh why no fix? Is it so hard to get the latest programme to not open fully a programme which was released nearly at the same time and it has been updated as well so, so recently! Why oh why was this not fixed?

Not quite following you Peter.
    What needs fixing?
    As John mentioned, if you have a support folder for your linked files, this needs to be in the same location as the *.web file, the folder has the same name as the *.web file

Example:

albacore.web will have a support folder named albacore_web_files

In the folder named albacore_web_files there will the files which you have linked via placedholders 'Replace with flash file' 'Replace with graphic file' or 'Link to file (PDF, AVI. etc)'

So long as you retain this folder of files in the same location as the *.web file when you open it in DP6, they should remain as linked resources.

You got it, I am thick. I did not read that into what John states. Surely if you save something in WD 6 and then open the same site in D Pro6 it is opening the same folder so therefore all the pictures, files and icons come with it? My point is that D Pro 6 should be able to find the same files that WD 6 found, no! I can understand Steve it not linking external files like Word docs or PDF's but something that you imported correctly into WD 6, no. or copied and pasted into WD 6 from XPro 5. Can't understand that.