Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Out there

Messing around with Tony Roberts excellent Perspective tutorial, and this kind of happened.

Arnold
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cafe.jpg 
Views:	381 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	13099  

Messing around with Tony Roberts excellent Perspective tutorial, and this kind of happened.

Arnold

I think I may have stopped in there [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ! Good use of perspective and I love the colors!

---As The Crow Flies---
    Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Re-worked it a little.

Arnold
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cafe2.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	18.5 KB 
ID:	4044  

changes! I think I like the fencing on the second one the most, you got it to looking even more real in this "unreal" scene [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] ! Great job!

---As The Crow Flies---
    Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Fossman

The perspective for the OPEN text is way out of whack with the other perspective.

When you apply a perspective mould, there should be a circle and cross hairs which represents the horizon line and vanishing point. All your envelopes should be using the same vanishing point.

Drag crossing guidelines to where the vanishing point is going to be, and then select each of your envelopes and drag the vanishing points to where the guidelines cross.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

Maya
    Thanks for your comments.

Gary
    I knew the perspective was out of whack on that part but by then I was just using what very little "artistic license" I could muster, and I kind of liked the way it threw things off. Thanks for the info. on the mould tool.

Gary knows perspective, that's for sure! But I know what you mean too, about the "open" sign, and I liked the "out-of-whack" aspect as it brought to mind a "time-warp" feel to it...somehow, I'd expect to find really surprising warping effects in a place like this [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] .

---As The Crow Flies---
    Maya
    -Mark Twain

It reminds me of a Dr. Strange scene when he is in one of the crazy dimentions.

If I ever get "Mom's Angel" finished that may be a good project to embark on. Doing a "other dimention" challenge. Pick up an older copy of Dr. Strange, marvel comics, and thumb through it, it depends on what issue, Steve Ditko is one strange guy. Interesting imagination he's got, and I KNOW it would make for a really interesting challenge for this group. It would be fun and really push us to really let out imaginations go wild.

I like the use of the fractals and colors, mixed with the realistic elements. Good Job [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I too understand about letting proper perspective fly out the window on a piece like this. I'm pretty anal about stuff like that too, but to let yourself "go" like that, really makes the eye's do flip flops, it' fun [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---