View Poll Results: Which User Interface do you prefer

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • Xara Light Grey (old)

57 44.88%
  • Xara Dark Grey (new)

70 55.12%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Poll: Which User Interface do you prefer?

Note to all: Kindly refrain from rants or personal attacks to any member or their opinions.
    This thread is for voting only. Heated debates are not welcome here..
    IP

I gave the new interface a try today while working on a project and at the end of the day, I like it better. The fly out menus worked better for me (just fits my way of working I guess) & the darker color seemed less distracting while concentrating on the design. To me its like asking which is better, a black BMW or a red one...they're both smoke'n hot under the hood!
    IP

I votes dark interface, feels slick and solid. PLUS I love change, how exciting!!!

Also the new interface wasn't just thrown in willy nilly, Xara sent out a survey some time back asking about design preferences, I can only asume most that filled in the survey said they like what they saw in the concepts within the survey. I know i did for one.
    I ate my crayon.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by bcire68 View Post
    Ok, if you don't have a 'choice' option, then a 'no preference' option would be good.
    You have this option by not voting.
    John.
    IP

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    You have this option by not voting.
    John,

But then you would only know that I didn't vote, not that I had no preference for a particular interface. These are not the same thing.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by BONES View Post
    It seems they have already made a decision that suits a majority of users, so the question is irrelevant.
    Yep that is how I lost my favorite tastes, many companies follow this rule.
    Profit maximising cut many brands and flavors because 51 or 52 % preferred
    the taste of brand X. So they changed the recipy or cut the brand altogether.
    What was left was grey, like here, although it is light versus dark grey, the last battle
    be aware, not to become a ware.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by instinctive.de View Post
    It's not about light or dark - it's the general trend in software to completely ignore user and OS preferences.

You know, your operating system (Windows) already HAS an EXTENSIVE bunch of options to exactly choose EVERY SINGLE color of EVERY UI element.

However, for a few years, more and more applications simply ignore standard OS widgets and colors and simply provide their own, which is a very worrying trend indeed.
    It's no different with this version of Xtreme - it just draws all UI elements on its own and doesn't use what Windows provides.

But seeing how even Microsoft does that nowadays - I wonder why operating systems even still provide any UI drawing code...
    I can't help feeling there are more important things than being able to choose the GUI colour. I'd rather a bit of time was spent in rationalising it. The arrangements for making adjustment to curves features are messy and there is no consistency between clip view and the new opacity mask.

I recognise that it wasn't you who asked the question!
    Tony
    IP

I got used to the colour in WebDesigner6 and then found I prefered it so I'm glad to see it in Designer. Icons I'm getting used too but still have to hunt around sometimes and I'm not a fan of the flyouts, but as you can hide them and customise your tool bar thats no problem at all. Would still like to make them smaller though.
    Derek
    IP

Two to one in favor. Interesting.

But definitely a mixed reception.
    IP

Steve,
    I'm sorry, I forgot to vote, It's done now.
    Best regards
    Javier
    IP