Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • Xara Light Grey (old)

57 44.88%
  • Xara Dark Grey (new)

70 55.12%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Question Poll: Which User Interface do you prefer?

Please register your preference in this Poll.
    IP

Default Re: Poll: Which User Interface do you prefer?

I like the new dark grey UI. Not a great fan of the icons though, but that's another story.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
    IP

well technically you don`t like the UI from the GUI then.

Oh, and I voted original, but choice would be okay too ofcourse.
    Last edited by ankhor; 19 June 2010 at 02:56 PM.
    be aware, not to become a ware.
    IP

New one by far. much easier for me to see whats available and what is not.
    IP

@ ankhor - Technically ... the poll only asked me to choose colour - I prefer the dark grey!
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
    IP

In my opinion, it doesn't matter which way the vote goes.
    The question is, "Will Xara (or is it Magix) listen to what the opinion is on this forum?"

So if the vote to keep the new interface wins, does that mean that it is the right thing to do?

Many in this thread have said and I have always held a strong view on this. Give the customer the choice - is it really that difficult to do?

The programme is already hundreds of megabytes long so adding another bunch of megabytes is not going to harm any computers these days.

I can then (as a lover of Xtreme / Designer) decide if I want a dark interface or a lighter interface.

That way you keep all users happy. Users who have been very strong supporters of Xara over the years.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone
    IP

It's not about light or dark - it's the general trend in software to completely ignore user and OS preferences.

You know, your operating system (Windows) already HAS an EXTENSIVE bunch of options to exactly choose EVERY SINGLE color of EVERY UI element.

However, for a few years, more and more applications simply ignore standard OS widgets and colors and simply provide their own, which is a very worrying trend indeed.
    It's no different with this version of Xtreme - it just draws all UI elements on its own and doesn't use what Windows provides.

But seeing how even Microsoft does that nowadays - I wonder why operating systems even still provide any UI drawing code...
    Alexander Ewering
    instinctive mediaworks
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    In my opinion, it doesn't matter which way the vote goes.
    The question is, "Will Xara (or is it Magix) listen to what the opinion is on this forum?"
    It seems they have already made a decision that suits a majority of users, so the question is irrelevant.
    So if the vote to keep the new interface wins, does that mean that it is the right thing to do?
    Possibly, but the most important fact is that it is technically superior and should therefore remain, regardless of any stupid poll on the subject.
    Many in this thread have said and I have always held a strong view on this. Give the customer the choice - is it really that difficult to do?
    Xara are trying to help you as an artist by providing a technically superior GUI, you should thank them and embrace this important change.
    Quote Originally Posted by instinctive.de View Post
    You know, your operating system (Windows) already HAS an EXTENSIVE bunch of options to exactly choose EVERY SINGLE color of EVERY UI element.
    Not with Aero in Vista and Win7, which is possibly what prompted Xara to take the matter into their own hands.
    [QUOTE}However, for a few years, more and more applications simply ignore standard OS widgets and colors and simply provide their own, which is a very worrying trend indeed.[/QUOTE]
    Why? Do you think Microsoft know more about working with colour than Xara does? Do you think Microsoft even care? You only have to look at Windoze Picture and Fax Viewer, with it's blinding white background, to see that they know nothing. I'd much rather these kinds of decisions being made by Xara than by them.
    But seeing how even Microsoft does that nowadays - I wonder why operating systems even still provide any UI drawing code...
    Xara uses a lot of Windoze stuff, to draw open, import, export, save and print dialogs, for example.

I've never seen such a fine example of fear of change. If you guys had spent a couple of months allowing yourselves to get used to the new UI and decided that it was somehow hampering your ability to get your work done, then there might be valid reasons for changing it back but the simple fact is that in a month you it will become a complete non-issue. It changes nothing for most of you but allows those of us who take our jobs seriously to d better work that is more consistent with other professional applications. I've always done my colour correction work in a more appropriate environment but with the new UI, I might give it a shot in Xara and see how it goes. Of course, the tools are somewhat basic but for quick adjustments, they can suffice.
    IP

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Ok, if you don't have a 'choice' option, then a 'no preference' option would be good. I don't really care one way or the other. I didn't like the new interface much at first but I've gotten used to it. Some of the flyouts still anoy me on occasion. I never seem to get the navbar button on the first attempt.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by bcire68 View Post
    Ok, if you don't have a 'choice' option, then a 'no preference' option would be good.
    You have this option by not voting.
    John.
    IP