View Poll Results: Which User Interface do you prefer

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • Xara Light Grey (old)

57 44.88%
  • Xara Dark Grey (new)

70 55.12%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Default Re: Poll: Which User Interface do you prefer?

I also voted for the Light Grey
    The new Dark grey is far to dark, the text in the menus are also far to small.
    If anything the icons need to be bigger that the so called large. These are displayed very small on a 24" monitor @ 1920x1200.
    Infact the only way to display them at a reasonable size was to change the monitor to 1680x1050, now I can see them with comfort.
    As one gets older the vision is no longer perfect.
    To be honest if there was not a way to change back to the old GUI, I would
    not buy this new version.

Brugie
    IP

I voted for the old interface. However the real answer as to whether or not changing the interface was a good idea is this:

The number of Xtreme users who upgrade, having placed a value on all the new features and weighing these against what's currently available.

Ultimately market behavior and not market opinion is what really matters.

I've been an avid Xara user for more than 5 years and have quickly upgraded each time a new version came out. This time? Unlikely.
    Last edited by Sweet As; 26 June 2010 at 09:43 PM.
    IP

Hi Sweet As

Gotta be careful with you. I accidently put a second "S" at the end of your name. Lucky I caught it.

Anyway, it's too soon for you to take that attitude. There are several posts on this thread that show you how to convert to the old scheme, so there is no problems there. It's the future that may be a problem but as I have stated before; doesn't really matter if xara loses me as a customer if they gain 100 new ones. I just upgrade to support the company but for what I do, I could very easily stopped at the XaraX version.

I'm debating an trying both trials, but I probably will upgrade just to normal version, and revert it to the old colour scheme and large text. As for the future, we'll see when the time comes..........frank
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet As View Post
    ...... However the real answer as to whether or not changing the interface was a good idea is this: The number of Xtreme users who upgrade.........
    I think not ....

There's more to this upgrade than just the colour of the GUI .... Personally I hate the new interface. The colour doesn't bother me, but the icon size, colour and the flyouts do! However, some of the features in this upgrade are worth more to me than the interface is annoying.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    I think not ....

There's more to this upgrade than just the colour of the GUI .... Personally I hate the new interface. The colour doesn't bother me, but the icon size, colour and the flyouts do! However, some of the features in this upgrade are worth more to me than the interface is annoying.
    I agree with you and have edited my intial comment.

To that I will add that if domeone dislikes the new interface but this is outweighed by the benefits offered by the other new/improved features, then the incentive to upgrade increases.

As a yardstick, provided upgrade offers are similar to those offered historically, comparison of re-sell (historical vs current) rates will ultimately determine how well the new features are received by existing customers.

In the meantime, I will check out the threads about manually changing the interface colour. Again, on previous occasions I've always upgraded quickly, and currently have Xtreme Pro 5.

Cheers
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Seagull View Post
    Hi Sweet As

Gotta be careful with you. I accidently put a second "S" at the end of your name. Lucky I caught it.

Anyway, it's too soon for you to take that attitude. There are several posts on this thread that show you how to convert to the old scheme, so there is no problems there. It's the future that may be a problem but as I have stated before; doesn't really matter if xara loses me as a customer if they gain 100 new ones. I just upgrade to support the company but for what I do, I could very easily stopped at the XaraX version.
    You're not the first one to put the second "S" in there.

Thanks for pointing out the posts about changing the interface. I will check them out.
    IP

I like the new interface. The only quibble I have is that some things are on flyouts when I don't want them to be, but that's easily solved.

As someone that regularly has to zoom in on web pages to read them without straining my eyes, I don't find the menu fonts too small at all, or the colors too hard to see.

Just my $0.02 CAD.
    This signature would be seven words long if it was six words shorter.
    IP

The new interface is growing on me. I guess that I was so used to the older interface after many 60 hour work weeks. But I thought about it all, and I remember way back in 1997. I was customizing the 3D Studio interface using dark greys and purples. I used that program in windows DOS for a few years. It was really cutting edge for the time and it worked for me once I got used to the look. The new look is certainly more high tech to fit the year 2010 and it reminds me of the newer versions of 3DSMAX. It would be great to be able to customize the interface. The grey colors confusing at first, but after hours of work, I tend to memorize where everything is located.
    I want to still be working in this program when I'm an old man sitting in my recliner.
    IP

I found the dark UI too harsh on the eyes, had to switch to the light one. Plus the flyouts were a bit of a pain. Look, point, click is much easier than look, point, wait, look, point click.
    IP

Hi Drwyd,

you did write "I found the dark UI too harsh on the eyes, had to switch to the light one."

Please let me know how, in Xara Designer Pro 6, turn to the old (light) interface I can not fnd the "button"
    Many thanks for help.

Cheers
    Pawel
    IP