Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Template Pack 1 V6 no longer compatible?

I've read and understand the threads that indicate I'll need to wait for my install media to arrive before I can get the Design Gallery templates, but I haven't seen mention of the purchased Template Pack 1 (V6). When I attempt to install it I'm told I have no compatible program installed even though I have the fully-registered XDP6 installed. I've scrubbed the registry and disk drive and re-installed, but still have the same result. Is this a bug or do I need to keep my XXP5 installed so I can access the template pack?
    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -- Frank Zappa
    Visit Spinland Studios: http://www.spinlandstudios.com

Default Re: Template Pack 1 V6 no longer compatible?

Template Pack 1 is not compatible with XDP6 or PGD, but you should be able to use it by adding the folder/s to the designs gallery manually in the normal way you would add folders.

http://www.xara.com/uk/products/templatepack1
    The templates in this pack are suitable for Xara Web Designer 5 and 6, Xara Xtreme 5 and Xtreme Pro 5 (CD versions) plus English versions of MAGIX Xtreme Photo & Graphic Designer 5 and MAGIX Xtreme Web Designer 5. Note: not Photo & Graphic Designer/Pro 6.

Thanks for the link. I bought the pack back when it first came out so didn't note the added blurb at the bottom.
    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -- Frank Zappa
    Visit Spinland Studios: http://www.spinlandstudios.com

I get the same message and have logged it with Xara Support. If you look at the Xara listing for Template Pack 1, it certainly claims to be compatible with Xara Designer Pro 6. I contacted Sales and asked for access to the revised version of the Template Pack they say is modified for Designer Pro 6 and have downloaded it. So far as I can see, the installer only looks for Xara release 5. Hence, the failure to find compatible software. The Template Pack doesn't install for Web Designer 6 either.

Further to this. I had a message back from Xara Support. He provided me with the link to the revised Template Pack 1 file for Xara Web Designer 6 and Xara Designer Pro 6. I pointed out that, as I had already said, I already have that file and it gives the no compatible program found message. I think that all the revised file does is expand the functionality of the templates and they forgot to update the installer instructions to access versions 6 of their software. I'll keep you informed.

Quote Originally Posted by tomh View Post
    If you look at the Xara listing for Template Pack 1, it certainly claims to be compatible with Xara Designer Pro 6.
    Yes I see they have updated that page now. Thanks for the heads up.

I sent Xara Support the log file from the Template Pack 1 installer which suggested that it wasn't looking for releases 6 of Web Designer and Designer Pro. I've had another response from them providing a link to a new version of the installer for these programs. This is ******removed*****, but presumably will change fairly soon when it becomes official. I've tried it on Web Designer 6 and Designer Pro 6 and it seems to install Template Pack 1 on both packages successfully.
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 06 July 2010 at 12:04 AM.

Hi Tom,

I have removed your link to the download of Template Page 1.

I don't think Xara would appreciate having a £29.99 product made available for free

Oops! Thanks for that.

Xara Support have let me know that they have just updated the Template Pack 1 installer for releases 6 of Web Designer and Designer Pro. This should now install correctly. If you have already purchased Template Pack 1 for previous versions of Web Designer and Xara Xtreme you should contact Xara Sales to access the free download of the revised version.