Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Default Re: 6.1.1 versions released

Hi Zee,

I'm still using Vista Ultimate on my Primary computer and did not experience any problems.

What I suspect may be happening is their are so many people accessing the template download the servers are experiencing some time delays servicing all the requests.

This can cause IE and many other browsers to pause so long that Windows thinks they are "Not Responding".

Do you have a broadband (high speed) connection?

You may try connecting at a time when local internet traffic may be lower than the time you have tried. Many areas have high traffic in the evenings when more people are at home and on their computers. Trying early morning or extremely late night may be better for you.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I continued to have the same problem so I switched my default browser to Firefox and was then able to successfully download the templates. So, apparently IE was the culprit.

Hi Zee,

That is still odd, I have always used IE as my default browser.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro 6 and Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 6

Here's a suggestion that might work. Register a new account (create a yahoo.co.uk account if you don't have a second email address) and buy your XDP6. Then contact support (open a ticket) and ask them to combine your data into the new account, deleting the old account for the reasons already given and once that's done and go into the new account and change the email address and password to the one you have been using before.

I did exactly that a few years ago because I had a similar problem to yours. Problem solved. Well, for me anyway.

It's possible to corrupt IE and I've seen bugs in IE8....it's not perfect....it's....sssshhhhhh.....MS....
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11

Unhappy I REALLY DON'T LIKE THE re-designed application appearance

THE re-designed application appearance (skin and icons), SPECIALLY THE COLORS, IT IS SO CONFUSING,

IT IS ANY OPTION FOR THE USER TO CHANGE THE UGLY BLACK COLOR FOR SOMETHING MORE CLEAN AND EASY TO SEE.

I LIKE THE IMPROVEMENT BUT I CAN'T WORK WITH THIS APPEARANCE, IT IS TOO BLACK COLORS, IT IS DIFICULT TO SEE AND LOCATE THE TOOLS.

I WILL PREFERED TO STAY WITH VERSION 5.0.

Default Re: I REALLY DON'T LIKE THE re-designed application appearance

Quote Originally Posted by estrellita View Post
    IT IS ANY OPTION FOR THE USER TO CHANGE THE UGLY BLACK COLOR FOR SOMETHING MORE CLEAN AND EASY TO SEE.
    Ctrl + Alt + Shift + S

Thanks to Bill (Soquili) for that invaluable tip

I do appreciate the name change... Xtreme was always a bit of a silly name and I always felt daft when telling people what it was called. "Xara Designer" sounds less like a PlayStation snowboarding game and more like a proper graphics/web tool

I see there are still some comments regarding the new dark interface. I had wanted to comment on the poll but the thread got closed before I had a chance. For the record, I did vote in favor of the dark interface. My only additional comment was that, for me, the UI color doesn't matter much as I do all my work in the big white space in the middle

The new realtime mode for the freehand drawing tool is the right idea, but what about the line wobbling around like that? Is this something that we’ll get used to or is it something that will become more and more irritating with prolonged use? Is there the option to go back to the old way of the nice stable blue line? I use the freehand tool a lot and this wobble could be the factor that will stop me from upgrading.