Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro 6 and Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 6

Quote Originally Posted by David O'Neil View Post
    they would be too hard to add, because they required a complete core rewrite
    That depends on the tool.
    John.

Quote Originally Posted by David O'Neil View Post
    I have grown to sincerely doubt the first part of this statement. I notified Xara of a bug way back in the time of Xtreme 4. It was marked as 'high-priority', and another member has since been told that it would be addressed in 'the next release.' The next release has occurred, and the bug still exists: http://talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=42542
    I get the impression that the developers' default answer to bugs is 'Yes, but you can work around it in such and such a way.', and they tend to leave it at that. Too bad.

Does anyone know the difference between Xara Designer Pro 6 and Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 6 ??? Are they the same except that Xara Designer Pro 6 has Web Functions ???

Thanks...

laser1,
    Take a look at this comparison chart.

Xara Designer PRO = Xara Graphic & Photo Designer + Xara Web Designer + Additional features for pros (Color Separation Support, PANTONE® color support, PDF/X export, XPS Support, support for multi-core processors etc)

Xara Graphic & Photo Designer - is mostly for graphic/image/web design (doesn´t have PRO features)

Xara Web Designer - is mostly for web design (it has a simplified graphic toolset compared to Xara Graphic & Photo Designer and no PRO features)

Hope this helps
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 23 June 2010 at 02:33 AM.

thank you !!!

Well I have to say the new brush mode is nice and it's obvious that some time has been put into this but with adobe illust cs5 you can click on a node and set the line width at that point in a node which would have been a really nice feature to add to this version. Especially useful for drawing cartoon style stuff. All the web features are nice as well but as someone mentioned for doing professional sites I'll stick to dreamweaver and coding css by hand. The levels function is great. The content aware scaling is really cool. However the perspective correction I would rarely use and there are plenty of plugins out there that do the same thing or you can do it in Photoshop for when you rarely need this feature would have rather had some new vector tool in it's place for the time spent. The trace mode is really cool. The cloning tool would have been much better if they just added it as a true bitmap clone instead of a clipped vector shape thingie. All in all it's a pretty nice release and will most likely be upgrading, however I still feel that the Xara devs are adding more of what they want then what people have asked for in the past. I would have liked to see most of all a new vector tool that lets you paint shapes like serif draw has it's as much a required feature as having a good brush mode for cartoonists and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by sgiff View Post
    ......would have been much better if they just added it as a true bitmap clone instead of a clipped vector shape thingie.........
    ....What!!!!!! Don't think so!
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by sgiff View Post
    However the perspective correction I would rarely use and there are plenty of plugins out there that do the same thing or you can do it in Photoshop for when you rarely need this feature
    You could always do perfect (hand-tunable) perspective correction using the Mould tool and guides (and afterwards creating a bitmap copy to upsample) - that's how I always did it (and always will do - I don't like some obscure algorithm to fully automatically decide what's "best" for me)
    Alexander Ewering
    instinctive mediaworks

XXP5 has layers that allow you to access each separate object.
    XWD6 does not. You can edit layers but can not access each object in the list (view/hide, etc)

So the question is does the new XDP6 (Xara Design Pro 6 which replaces XXP5) have the same layer ability of XXP5 so each tiny object is easy to isolate?

(plan to test soon, but not near my primary machine to do it.)
    -Samantha
    "Try to live your life so that you wouldn't be afraid to sell the family parrot to the town gossip." Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Yes indeed it does. Further, the new Solo option allows you to view only individual layers, groups or objects with everything else hidden.
    This signature would be seven words long if it was six words shorter.