Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro 6 and Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 6

'Aquire' is unlikely to be added, scanners are supplied with software to control output destinations, one of which is 'scan to clipboard', many models have a scanner button that can be assigned to this. The new single paste function of version 6 actually makes this scanning workflow quicker than drilling through the file>>aquire ..etc menus.

Info Re: Xara Designer Pro 6 and Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 6

George...

I agree with what Steve said but have a suggestion to add to his explanation. A lot of the software that comes with the scanners has the ability to be configured (or reconfigured) to add or edit the output destination that the scan is sent to when the scanner button is pressed. You can try to edit the current/default destination or add a destination in the software interface so that when the scan is processed it fires up and automatically pastes the image into whatever version of XX, XXP, XP&GD6, or XDP6 you have. I suggest that you at least explore the possibility.

Just two days ago I configured a Fujitsu fi-6130 scanner to launch the Paperport 11 application and save the scan(s) as a multi-page, greyscale image in a PDF file as the default.

IHTH,
    Harry

there are exceptions to what steve has said, I have one: a mustek A3, and it does not pick up any software directly as suggested by Harry other than photoshop/word/outlook

copy/past into xtreme [from photoshop] usually works ok, but I tend to save all scans as seperate files anyway

agree b-spline would be nice
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

There are certainly some exceptions. For example there are computers that can't even run Xara Designer
    John.

Another year ... another release ... no real new vector drawing tools - just new ways of doing the same thing.

one improved tool you can use, is worth far more than several new ones you may not even like

the new brush engine is so good it almost qualifies as a 'new' tool - I would think this was good news for you JA?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by JokeArtist View Post
    Another year ... another release ... no real new vector drawing tools - just new ways of doing the same thing.
    I have to agree with JokeArtist. There´s several very good improvements (being the Page&Layer Gallery one good example) but at it´s core there´s really nothing new or new forms of producing vector content.
    The change in the name only reinforces the target shift of the app.

xdp6 Re: Xara Designer Pro 6 and Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 6

I'm just very pleased with it Everything in one solid program (don't have to switch anymore between WD6 and XXP5 while working). I've a lot of trust in the Xara developers by now, so I'm sure in future releases all bugs will be fixed and more smart tools will be added and/or improved.
    Thanks a lot Xara !
    Marcia
    A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open.
    Frank Zappa

Ditto to that!!!
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11

Quote Originally Posted by MarciaB View Post
    ...so I'm sure in future releases all bugs will be fixed and more smart tools will be added and/or improved...
    I have grown to sincerely doubt the first part of this statement. I notified Xara of a bug way back in the time of Xtreme 4. It was marked as 'high-priority', and another member has since been told that it would be addressed in 'the next release.' The next release has occurred, and the bug still exists: http://talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=42542

Per the new tools, there was once a thread where covoxer insinuated that they would be too hard to add, because they required a complete core rewrite (or something like that). I can't quickly find his post, but that was his insinuation, so I wouldn't hold my breath. The opacity mask tool must not have required a core rewrite.