Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Exclamation Re: Xara Designer Pro 6 and Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 6

Have you tried the Solo Mode as well? Click on the S icon and you see just what is on that layer.

You can also drag down the S icons and scroll through the layers.

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro 6 and Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 6

minor panic - pressing the escape key with nothing selected restores not only line color to default [black] but line weight too [0.5pt]

fortunately AutoDeselectFreehand still seems to work fine [registry]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Have you tried the Solo Mode as well? Click on the S icon and you see just what is on that layer.

You can also drag down the S icons and scroll through the layers.
    Yes, Gary iīve tried it. Love the dynamic soloing mode. All this offers much more control in complex drawings. Would have been great if we could force more than one object to solo mode to perform a boolean operation between two objects in a busy (with lots of objects) area for example... (why am i so picky???)
    But itīs much better now

I still miss an hyphenation tool for justified text. Since it has a spell checker, great layout tools, a powerfull text engine (with kerning, tracking etc), repeating master objects and a lot more, Xara Designer Pro could be used for some more serious pagination work. An hyphenation tool is fundamental... The people from Magix should miss this too...german has so loooong words, even longer than portuguese.
    Maybe in the next version...

Well.. first I was shocked at this division into "home & daddy photo edition" and "pro edition" but the discount for upgrade made me to download it and give it a try. Some basic shapes, some simple things and I can't see anything really that new and exciting. Content-aware was and will be useless for me as I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to photos plus there aren't really that many changes.

Unfortunately, as you had promised - a lot of web designer features inside, but none of them are really used by professional designers (XHTML+CSS and CMS designers) unless you want a quick, simple web site (no one serious will develop a really big web site with such tools). I'll stick to my Xtreme 5 as a small, fast tool for petty things. The upgrade price is very nice for old users and I'm giving Magix a big handshake for this one. I won't take the upgrade, though. Like I do with Corel - I'll upgrade every two editions so I get more changes.

Another thing.. today my brand new Design Premium CS5 arrived, so... goodbye, Xara. I might have a look at it next year.

Just out of curiosity - can one switch off this awful black skin into the old one? I've already uninstalled X6 but I was just wondering.

You have been trough the trouble of registering in the forum to post this? If itīs that bad a simple uninstall would suffice... The time you wasted writing this could be used to play with your brand new Creative Suite.

Bye Davidian ...
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Let us remain civil. Davidian felt it worth his time to post.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Just downloaded XDP 6 and have been doing the grande tour ... so far loving it and big kudos to the Xara team!!!

One IMPORTANT question though ... (perhaps a heads up too) ... As part of my experimenting with the new stuff I tried the individual Page Preview (great feature!) but found that in the preview mode my graphics were clipping at the page boundary despite having the 'Disable Page Clipping' tweak in use.

Any suggestions? I have numerous sites that use this feature.

TIA
    Paul J
    "If it was easy ... everyone would be doing it!
    http://www.tactical-graphic-design.com

Smile Re: Xara Designer Pro 6 and Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 6

The new drawing tools have made me very happy indeed. Many thanks Xara team

Quote Originally Posted by taccom View Post
    One IMPORTANT question though ... (perhaps a heads up too) ... As part of my experimenting with the new stuff I tried the individual Page Preview (great feature!) but found that in the preview mode my graphics were clipping at the page boundary despite having the 'Disable Page Clipping' tweak in use.

Any suggestions? I have numerous sites that use this feature.

TIA
    The name NoPageClipping should be applied to any object on every page.

Also, please post Web function related issues/question in the Web Designer / Xtreme / Designer Pro forum.